Friday, March 8, 2013

Some Tried And True Favorites....

Hi friends!

Happy Friday!

I hope you all are out enjoying this beautiful Friday.

If not, tomorrow is looking equally fantastic here in Memphis.

However, I will be be heading out of town tomorrow to celebrate my niece's 7th birthday!


Pretty excited!

Here lately, the hubs and I have been cooking at home 4-5 nights per week.

And today, I thought I'd share some of our favorite, tried and true recipes!

First off:

Meatloaf.

Check out the recipe HERE!

This recipe is so easy, and has never let us down.

I substitute the regular brown sugar with Splenda, and use Laura's Lean Ground Beef instead of regular ground beef or ground chuck. But you use whatever you want!


See those mashed potatoes?

Well, check out their recipe HERE!

They are delish.

Growing up, my mom ALWAYS made mashed potatoes homemade.

No boxed mashed potatoes were allowed!

(Okay, maybe we had them once...but she seriously made them from scratch.)

In the recipe, I substitute low fat heavy cream instead of the regular, and low fat butter instead of regular. 

They are yum-o.

If the consistency isn't what you like, just keep adding a little cream and a pat of butter until you get what you want.

Yummmm.

Speaking of yummm...

Besides mac and cheese, nothing screams comfort food like....

HASHBROWN CASSEROLE!



Check out the recipe HERE!

So ridiculously good.

Here are a few other tried and true recipe we enjoy around this house on a regular basis:


Anddddd... 

(There are several versions out there of this one, but I follow recipe that I've linked to a tee!)

What are some recipes you all are loving right now friends?

Much love, :)


3 comments:

  1. Homemade mashed potatoes is the only way to go and meatloaf is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! I am going to bookmark this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nieces and hashbrown casseroles!!! :)

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award on my blog - check it out!

    -Colleen
    www.partiesandcardis.com

    ReplyDelete