Friday, July 22, 2011

7 years

WOWeeee.

Today is a special day for the man and me.

7 years ago on this day he (FINALLY!) asked me to be his girlfriend.

Awwwww....

I can remember the excitement I felt because (finally) the guy who had been giving me butterflies for 7 months had finally asked me to make it official.

It was also really special because I had never had a boyfriend before. Yep. I was 20 years old and had never had a boyfriend.

So there you have it...Brad was my very first boyfriend.

Oh don't get me wrong. I had crushes in my lifetime...major crushes...that were all major....fails.

I was definitely that girl throughout my life that was every one's friend.
You know how there's always the leading lady and then the actress that plays the leading lady's best friend? She's usually really nice, funny, and well...just never quite as good as the leading lady?
Well, that's the way I felt growing up.
Always the supporting role...never the leading lady.

Brad made me feel like the leading lady for the first time in my own life.

And isn't that how it's supposed to be?

When you look at that special someone in your life, are they making you feel like the leading lady or the second fiddle?

I sure hope all ladies out there feel like leading ones. Because deep down, we all deserve the starring role.

Fittingly, our first date was to a wedding. Of which, I was a bridal party member. To one of the guys I was always a supporting lady to.

Looking back on it now, it was pretty sweet of Brad to agree to come to a wedding where he knew NO ONE.

And I felt like a million bucks walking in on his arm.

Almost seven years later, I walked out of another wedding on his arm. As his wife. And leading lady.

Seems quite fitting... :)

Thanks honey for asking me 7 years ago to take a chance.
(First date pic)

Thanks for asking me almost 2 years ago on your knee to take another big chance.
(Engagement moment)

And thank you for taking the chance (2 months and 1 day ago) to take on the biggest challenge we've faced so far.
(Wedding day)

Chances have gotten me far in life. I think I'm up for a few more.

Don't ever let someone ever make you feel less than a leading lady (or leading man). Take a few chances.

You'll end up with sweet surprises.

Much love. :)

2 comments:

  1. such a great post! I love your writing style. Brad is a lucky guy to have a leading lady like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ellen! You are quite the leading lady as well! :) I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful friend like you :)

    ReplyDelete