Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Five Guys

So, I don't know about all you other couples out there, but one debate that comes up almost every day is "What do you want to eat?"

SIGHHHHHH.....

Nearly every time, it results in a 30 minute ping pong game back and forth between the man and I....

"I don't care." "Well, I don't care either." "But, no, where do you want to go?" "I want to go wherever you want to go."

And on and on..
So on...
And so forth.

Boo.

So, today, I took the bull by the horns and I decided that I would make a definite choice. I had read last night on another blog about the new Five Guys that has opened over at Ridgeway and Primacy Parkway. I believe they now occupy the old Crescent City space. Anywho, from what I read I had to check out the menu online.

Well, needless to say, I realized very quickly this place was not very, um, 5k training friendly. Yikes.

I am weak. Weak to the powers of the idea of fries cooked in peanut oil....so I made the executive decision that the man and I would make it our lunch destination.

The restaurant is very simply decorated. Red & white color scheme. And nothing fancy at all. So, don't expect a feast for the eyes.

A feast for the cheeseburger/fry craving...now that it is.

When we got there, I fully expected to have to wait a good long minute for our food. However, the line moved quickly, considering we got there at noon, and the line was really long. PLUS....we got our food within 10 minutes. Score!

Everything was yum-o. But here are some heads-up if you decide to tackle Five Guys...
1. The Cajun fries are spicy. You are warned.
2. Unless you want fries for days, get a regular. And if you are smart, split it with someone. They serve an ungodly amount of fries here.
3. The burgers are big. I'll get a Jr. burger the next time I go. But, hey, if you are feeling adventurous (and also like upsetting your family practitioner), then go ahead and go for the regular burger.

Ultimately, the man and I decided that Five Guys is the perfect destination for the day after a long night of debauchery.


Definitely indulge yourself and check them out! They've won all kinds of awards...as listed on their cups.

Now, I'm off to go burn of the 191812872920293838 calories consumed from lunch. ;)

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment