Sunday, August 7, 2011

And now a word in regards to cattiness...


I will be the first person to admit that I am not perfect. 

I have said hurtful things to/about other people.

But I'd like to take this opportunity to make a plea to the women of the world to stop.

Stop being mean.

Stop being hurtful. 

Stop being rude.

To your friends. To your family. To your husbands. To your lovers. To all.

It's not attractive.

One day you'll wake up and wonder where everyone went.



I'll tell you. 

They (hopefully) stood up for themselves and said: "Enonnnoouuuugh."

God don't like ugly and he ain't stuck on pretty.

Our looks are going to fade.

And no one will remember that designer purse you had 20 years ago. 

Or what kind of car you did or didn't have.

Whether or not your house was bigger than others.

That's not what they'll remember.

What they will remember is the kind of person you are. 
Whether you had good character.
If you were humble.
Grateful.
Kind.
If you practiced what you preached.

How many tombstones have you seen that read: "Here lies Jane. She was vain. She tried to keep up with the Jones'. She was a bitch more often than not."

I am trying every day to be a better person than I was the day before. 
It's hard. 
I pray for forgiveness and strength. 

I just wish the cattiness would stop.

Sometimes being nice isn't appropriate for the situation at hand...I understand.

And being nice definitely isn't the easy choice. 

But maybe it's time to take a step back. 

"Pride makes us artificial & humility makes us real." - Thomas Merton

Much love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment