Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Being an aunt...

Is the best job in the world.

Seriously. 

I'll say it again.

Being an aunt is the best job in the world!!

(I don't know about this. However, it's a cool onesie nonetheless.)

Today was a monumental day in the Hansen family.

Our sweet nieces, Hannah Jane & Heather Dawn, both had a big day of firsts.

It was Hannah's first day of Kindergarten and Heather's first day of pre-school.

It just doesn't seem possible!!!

Where has time gone?!

I know that my sister-in-law and brother are probably wondering the same thing. And probably on a grander scale. I can only imagine their emotions today.

Sending their girls out into the big world... (Okay, I know it's just Kindergarten and pre-school...but to the girls it IS the big world. And yes, one day big world will equal high school...then college...okay...must... stop...it's just TOO MUCH.)

Hats off to my brother and sister in law. They've done an amazing job up to this point.

And as time goes on, and the girls get older, I know that they (the girls) will make mistakes. Which is what happens. But it won't be because they didn't have amazing guidance from their parents.

They are quite the lucky pair to have the mom and dad that they do.

And I feel lucky to be a part of it all (as I am sure Brad does).

They've been such a joy in our lives.

Seriously, I can't begin to put into words the love and hope we have for them.

Watch out world! They're going to do BIG things...

(sweet Hannah Jane on the day she was born)

(Hannah growing up...)

(And now a big girl...)

(on her first day of school!!)

(her daddy walking her to school...isn't this the sweetest?!)

(Kindergarten...oh my.)

(2024 future valedictorian)

(sweet Heather Dawn the day after she was born)

(and now a big girl on her first day of pre-school)

(such a sweet family)

Time flies. Take a few moments to enjoy the ride. 

Much love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment