Friday, August 12, 2011

Escapes

I used to loooovvee to read as a child.

I was even a member of the "Berrytime Book Club" we had at the public library in my hometown.

"Berrytime?" you ask. Humboldt = West TN Strawberry Festival.

Duh.

Unfortunately, as time has gone on, I have fallen out of love with books. I think this is due to something we like to call "undergraduate studies."

And more than that, it's now called "graduate studies."

Seriously, I have not been able to motivate myself to read anything for fun since being enrolled in the graduate program I am in.

THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH REQUIRED READING TO EVEN WANT TO LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE.

Sigh.

However, making the executive decision to not take classes this summer because of needing a break after the wedding, financial reasons, and because I frankly was just burned out from the semester before...I decided to buy a book to take and read at the beach on our honeymoon.

It was a pretty entertaining read. When we got back home from our honeymoon, I went and saw the movie by myself. (Because there was no way the man was going to agree to go see it...annnnnd I honestly like going to see movies by myself every now and then.) I thought the movie was..."eh." I love Ginnifer Goodwin. I think she is gorgeous. And I thought that Kate Hudson did a great job in her role. But, seeing the story on screen...just left me a little underwhelmed.

After reading that Emily Grffin book, I thought I'd read this one:


I really loved the ending of this book. I cried. Yep.

Well, after that...I decided on this little gem.


Fabulous. Just fabulous. I can't wait to see the movie. (Oh and a guy that used to work with Brad is one of the extras...so it will be cool to see him, too!)

As you can see...I am on a roll...go me.

So, then I went and got this:


Omgeeee. I can't say enough about this book. I loved loved loved it.
So, naturally, I couldn't wait to go see the movie!
The man and I planned a date night this past Wednesday night to go see it. We used a gift card we had gotten as a wedding gift to Outback, so we headed to Studio on the Square in midtown to see the movie. However, when we got there, it was sold out!
So, we headed back towards the hiz and hit up the Paradiso. Luckily, we got there about 30 minutes before the movie started. And I am glad we did, because it filled up quickly. I had no idea the movie would be so popular!
And the movie...
Was amazing.
Just amazing.
Of course, they altered a few things...and couldn't possible fit everything in that the book did.
But, it was just so good.
And so moving.
Even the man cried. More than once. Like, he couldn't even get up when the credits rolled because he was crying.

(And yes, I am probably going to get flack for telling the world that. But, hey, I love that my man is a sensitive one. He's human compassion sensitive. Geez.)

SO GO SEE IT!!

Like now. Go see it.

So now what to read...

Well, unfortunately the Borders stores are closing. Sigh.

So, I headed over to Germantown today and picked up four new reads.

Yes, four. Aren't you proud of my determination to keep reading?!

So, here's what I got (and they were all 40% off):


I can't wait to see the movie, too. 


Depending on how good the book is, I will decide if I want to subject myself to a Miley Cyrus movie. 



Obviously, I am sucker for Nicholas Sparks. And, thus, crying. 


I saw the preview for this movie and decided to pick this up too. It's the first in line to read, so if the book is good, then I will go see the movie in the theater!

So, there you have it. These have been my escapes this summer. 
Oh and this movie too:


Go see it. Now. It was abso-freaking-lutely awesome.

Much love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment