Thursday, September 29, 2011

Some more recipes!

Hello friends!

Thought I'd share a few more easy, and yum-o recipes with you guys that we've tried out.

We've had these enchiladas!

(this was actually a leftover picture...I forgot to take a pic the actual night we made them)

We served them with Spanish rice.

So yummmmy. But be warned. They do have a kick to them.

I also cooked up this little recipe the night before last:

Chicken Salsa!

I did make some adjustments.

First of all, I used black bean and corn salsa. So, I didn't add any corn like the recipe calls for.

Second, I added a half stick of low fat margarine to the bottom of the crock pot (before I added the chicken) and then to the top of everything after I added all the ingredients.
I find that helps keep the chicken moist.
That's just my opinion.

Third, I added the juices of two limes over everything.

Fourth, I added a packet of taco seasoning.

And finally, Brad and I served it all over brown rice instead of making little tacos.

So, basically I totally revamped this recipe.

But, it turned out great!!!!!!

I added a dollop of fat free sour cream to mine. (Brad would rather eat moldy bread than sour cream.)

Delish.

So, the point is, feel free to experiment with your cooking.

Sometimes it might go bad.

Sometimes it might go really well.

Hey, you never know until you try!

Happy eating.

Much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment