Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's For Dinner?

The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti!

I was already a fan of her recipes and website...but after I saw this recipe on Pinterest...I HAD to try it.

So here ya go!


Ingredients

  • 2 cups Cooked Chicken
  • 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
  • 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
  • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
  • 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
  • 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
  • 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).
So, I decided not to use a fryer chicken.  I just cut up three chicken breasts, cooked them in the skillet, and then mixed everything together. I cooked the noodles in a can of chicken broth and water, so that was also an adjustment I made. 
But, everything turned out great!

(Finished product)
The man had a happy face and a full belly...and gave it two thumbs up!
That makes my heart smile.
I am going to try to post more recipes that we try out because the man and I are trying to eat at home more often. 
I am making out a menu plan for us each week and then using that to head to the grocery store to shop. 
Here's template I am using if you'd like your own...
I love having a plan and sticking to it! 
It definitely has made shopping easier.
This past Sunday I made this super easy recipe in the crockpot! 
(I found it on Pinterest, too...)
(I LOVE PINTEREST...I am addicted.)
I made a few adjustments to the recipe: I added another packet of the Italian dressing mix and another half stick of light margarine (I used light margarine on the bottom, too) to the crockpot. 
We added a side of brown rice....
VERDICT?
SOOOOO good! 
And it made yummy leftover chicken that I used for sandwiches. 
So here's my message for the evening...
Don't be afraid of your stove.
Embrace it!
Much love. :)


2 comments:

  1. Anytime you want! :)
    Just entered your contest! :)

    ReplyDelete