Saturday, October 22, 2011

Outings as of late...

Hello friends!

I just wanted to say thank you for heading over to my little blog to take a peek.

The past few weeks I have gotten some really nice feedback from some of you, and I really do appreciate it.

You have me a'blushing!

It's so nice to hear that I have helped some of you out in one way or another....that's really why I love doing this!

It's the main reason I love reading other's blogs, as well.

We are all looking for tips and heads-up...am I right?

Well, hopefully I'll be able to keep on keeping on with the suggestions.

Alrighty!

Last Friday, Memphis Madness ensued.

For those of you who don't know, Memphis Madness is the preview for both the University of Memphis' women's and men's basketball teams.

OMGEEE!!

I can't tell you how excited this city gets over basketball season.

(Partly because we don't have a football team. Don't get that confused, we have a football team. They just don't show up.)

Anywho.

It was time to bust out the infamous Tiger tennies.....


Okay, I wore my new Tiger shirt, shoes, ring, and (blue sparkly) earrings for this event. I chose to pair them with my skinny jeans. Looking back on it now, I would have rolled up and cuffed my jeans. This look reminds me up those stirrup-jeans...Eh. Remember those babies?!


So, anywho, I still got compliments on the shoes and that made me smile! Even if I hadn't gotten compliments, I would have still been happy rocking them!

Here's a pic of me and the man (and our bff Josh...haha) at the Madness. And yes, I am back to being a red-head. I love being red!


I would also like to point out that I dragged myself out of bed in pain to go see my Tigers.

Do I get some kudos!? 

Eh. It's okay. I would do most anything to see my Tigers.

Go Tigers Go!

Well, we also had a housewarming party to go to that weekend.

The gentleman in the above pic behind Brad was having a housewarming party with his lovely girlfriend Robyn....and we had an awesome time!

Outfit of the night:


Okay, initially I really liked this outfit. I love my new riding boots. And I had been putting off wearing my felt hat for fear of...wearing a hat.

However, I decided to be brave.

Welllll, wearing the outfit...I just wasn't feeling it.

She shirt makes me look with child. (And that is a definite no-sir-ree.)

But, I do like the hat.

However, I am not sure I'll be wearing it very much. People kept asking me, "It's like a Kentucky Derby hat?"

Not really.

But, I will probably still bust it out at some point.

Here are some highlights of the night:

 (Two of my favorite ladies!...my best friend Sarah and the lady with the amazing new home Robyn)

 (Josh, Robyn, me and the man)

(Me and my best friend Sarah)

Congrats Josh and Robyn! You have an amazing new home. 

Jealous! Happy for you! :)

Tomorrow night I am having a jewelry party...hopefully it will be fun!

Tomorrow also marks the end of my fall break. Ugh. Back to the books. I have a paper waiting to be typed as we speak. Boo!

I think I am experiencing what they call...graduate school burned-out-ness.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Find something fall-ish and fun to get into. 

Pumpkins are your friend. (Unless you are Brad. And then you are a pumpkin-hater.)

Much love friends! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words! I feel famous now that I made your blog haha. Great pictures and great friends. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn! Just be ready for all the autographs that will ensue from this..haha! Love ya too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you miss bek! I love them, too. Kohl's! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete