Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Back to the land of the living...

Hello friends!

I am happy to be back in the land of the living!

Where was I?

Oh just on a nightmare-ish cruise to stomach bug island.

Yep.

I got the dreaded projectile vomit, diarrhea, body aches, "I think I might actually be dying" 24-hour stomach bug.

3 of my dear friends also had it.

We all commiserated together.

We're pretty sure we got it hanging out together at my friend's son's 1st birthday party.

It.


Was.


Awful.

There was a point where I thought it might be E.R. time.

However, I chose to stick it out in bed.

To top it off, my procrastination ways had lead me to put off papers that were due on consecutive days.

So in the middle of being dog sick, I managed to crank out 19 pages of papers.

I don't recommend this method to anyone.

It's not conducive to your mental health.

(And hey, mental health is my thing.)

So, anywho, fast forward a few days, and here I am.

I really haven't gotten my appetite back.

But, hey, that's one way to jump start a weight-loss program!

(However, I in no-way recommend this method.)

I would also like to take a moment to honor the memory of something that was lost during the stomach bug Apocalypse:


My beloved Starbucks Cafe Mocha (light).

I will never ever be able to drink another one of those again.

Sigh.

I drank one about 2 hours before the projectile vomiting started.

I'm sure you can conjure up a very pretty mental picture of how that turned out.

So, anywho, I'm trying to get back to being healthy friends....

I feel like these past few months I've been sicker than I've been in a real long time.

I can't figure out why my immune system is not helping me out more...

C'mon immune system....throw me a bone here!

Hopefully, this will be the last round of sickness for a while.

Speaking of health-related things...

I need some help friends!

In the past few weeks, I've noticed a horrible dry skin patch right under where my engagement/wedding ring fits.




Ew.

And obviously, because the skin is so dry, it's itching like crazy.

And kind of hurts.

Why is this happening?!

I've decided to not wear my ring when I'm at home for a few days so maybe it will heal.

I use lotion every day, so I can't figure it out. 

Do you guys have any ideas???

It makes me sad to not wear my rings.

I worked really hard for those puppies.

Speaking of puppies....




This little fella wanted to say "Hi friends!" too.

I am thinking of purchasing one of THESE for him....

Have any of you tried it with your dogs?

I am hoping it will stop this ridiculousness everyday with the mail person:





Every. Single. Day.

I wonder if they have rush order??

Much love, friends :)

2 comments:

  1. Could the ring issue be an allergy problem? I have a metal allergy, but I usually get a rash, so I'm not sure it's the same thing. Also, it could have to do with rubbing and you're literally rubbing it raw? Maybe getting it loosened just a little would help? Hope you figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I am not sure Kirsten!
    I thought it might be an allergy at first, too.
    Nonetheless, I am going to wear it on and off again for a few days and see what happens. Thank you for the advice!!!

    ReplyDelete