Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Favorites

Hi friends!

First of all, thank you for all the kind words in regards to my parents.

Mom is doing okay...resting.

Dad is trying to get things back to normal around the church. Hopefully, things will be getting back to normal soon!

Ha...normal.

Anywho.

I thought I'd share a few of my new favorite things!

I may have already blogged about this recipe.

But it's so dang good, I'm going to do it again!

HASH BROWN CASSEROLE!




Of course, I tweaked it.

I sauteed onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms covered in a little garlic powder.

And then I added it to the mix!

Oh and I used non-fat sour cream.

YUUMMM!

We made homemade (yes, not Bisquick mix) waffles, too!


That recipe comes out of my Better Homes and Garden Bridal Edition cookbook (thanks Tonya Murphy for that wonderful wedding present...I've used the heck out of it!).

But, I am sure you could look up homemade waffles online peeps.

I love breakfast for dinner.

Definitely try the hash brown casserole recipe though.

It will rock your world!

The next Friday Favorite I'd like to share with you is this deal going on at Old Navy right now:

50% off all outwear.

My pea coat I've had now for years was a little too big on me (hooray!). So, I decided to take advantage of the sale. And Goodwill my coat. :)

And by take advantage of...I meant...go crazy.

I bought three coats!

Now, before you think I am completely nuts, let me share this.

I got three coats (well, 2 coats and a blazer) for a grand total of......

$114.61!

You can barely get one coat at Macy's for that price!!

So, here ya go:

(Blazer. I've wanted one forever! I love how I can dress it up or down!)

(My casual coat. Very cozy!)


(I love that it has a hood! Should keep me very warm.)


(And this is my dress coat. I love it. I normally wouldn't go for ivory since I am a curvy girl. But, I think it looks classy. And it will match everything.)

So, if you need a new coat, I suggest OLD NAVY!

Next on my Friday Favorite agenda is a few new makeup finds:

(ELF Mineral Infused Mascara)

Okay, I've told y'all before that I am a mascara junkie. I'll try most anything! Well, this stuff is $3! So, duh. I tried it. I got the heads up on this mascara from The Bargain Blonde. And boy, am I glad I tried it. It has definitely become one of my favs!! It lengthens sooo well! And is in NO WAY clumpy! It really is a fantastic find. I purchased mine from the Super Target (at Poplar and Ridgeway)...or you can get it online!

I haven't tried these bad boys out. But I'll give you the low down on them when I do. I also got the heads-up from this from The Bargain Blonde's (see above) post. They were $1. I mean, C'MON!

I know I've already blogged about this foundation. But, let me tell you, I am still loving it. Go get you some!

Okay, I know this is weird. But, I got this brush (I think it was $3, too) at Super Target. And I know it says Powder Brush. But, I have been applying my foundation with it. Why? Well, I have been trying to "stipple" my foundation. (You can look up on youtube what the process of stippling requires.) ELF and other brands sell a "stipple" brush. However, I saw this powder brush and thought it was almost the same thing, so I tried it out. I love it! It really puts my foundation on smoothly. And the brush is so soft! So, hey, get the stipple brush if you want. But, I recommend this powder brush, too!

Alrighty!

Next on my list of Friday favs is this new store in the Laurelwood shopping center here in East Memphis:

Turkoyz!

Ladies and gentleman (because you know you are on the hunt for a gift for the ladies)....

Turkoyz is amazing!

It is a jewelry, accessory, cutesy home gift items type of store.

It's so awesome!

I mean, I could literally spend a bajillion dollars in there.

And all the jewelry is reasonable priced. I mean, it's not Forever 21 priced. But, the quality of the jewelry is WAY better than that. 

I loved probably everything in the store. 

And there's so much to choose from.

Ladies, they even have some clip-on earrings (cute clip-on earrings!) for those of you whose ears aren't pierced. (Ahem, MER!)

I tried really hard to not purchase anything.

But, when I saw this little gem, I just had to:


Now, I've really wanted this Michael Kors rose gold watch for months:


However, I did not want the $250 price tag that accompanies it. 

So, I paid $24 for mine.

Boo-ya!

(Dear Hubs, 
YES, I just saved you $226 on my Christmas present. You are welcome.)

So, please go over and visit Turkoyz!

And finally, on my list of Friday favorites is this little creature:


Albino raccoon. On top of our carport. (Yes, obviously we need some repairs done on the 50 year old carport. Don't judge.

Albino raccoon scared the bee-jeezus out of the hubs last night. 

Sometimes it's fun to see him squirm. 

(Sorry, hunny. You know I love you.) ;)

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend friends!

Find a few favorites of your own this weekend. 

Much love :)






6 comments:

  1. Ok, it's official! I am going to have to stop reading your blog. I just placed an order this week for ModCloth(ordered 3 dresses hoping one will work for my company christmas party) and now it looks like I will be making a trip to Turkoyz. And I am in LOVE with your ivory Old Navy coat as well....very classy!

    ~April (Coleman) Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I am so happy you found some dresses on ModCloth! I loooovvvee ModCloth! And be warned about Turkoyz. You might need to take Antonio just to be safe...haha! Thank you for the sweet comment about the coat...I love it! :) and thank you for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on the Old Navy sale. I need a new casual coat BADLY! Your choices all look great on you. I love your writing style...always so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen try to tomorrow (not sure if the sale ends sunday)! If not, I saw their black friday ad and they'll be having 50% again on their outerware! So you could get on then for sure :) thank you so much for the sweet comments! :) love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are loving your e.l.f. buys! Those 3 are some of my faves and thanks for the shout out girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey you are so welcome! Thank you for the heads up! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete