Monday, November 28, 2011

A-Z

I saw a fun little list on another blogger's..um...blog...

So, I thought I'd do it too!

Plus, I feel like I am in a blog rut...I'm not really feeling like writing about anything in particular lately...

So, if you guys have questions you'd like for me to answer or writing ideas, please feel free to comment below...and I'll see what I can come up with.

Okay...

On to the list...

A-Z LIST:

Age- 27

Bed Size- Queen. And it's amazing. Brad and I bought a new mattress last year...and it was the best purchase EVER! I mean of course. I'd love a California King. But, our house size is not conducive to this idea. So, I'll take my queen size bed and be happy!

Chore you hate - Washing dishes. Hands down. I pray for a dishwasher. Maybe I should plead with Santa?

Dogs- Just one. Baxter. He's pretty awesome. And a great cuddle buddy. I yell at him sometimes...but I love him with all my heart. I'd be lost without him!

Essential start to your day- Ugh. I hate mornings. Yuck. But I suppose it would have to be washing my face. And brushing my teeth. Then turning on the news. I have to watch the news.

Favorite color- Black. Loves it.

Gold or silver- Yikes. I used to love silver and hated gold. But now I am really digging gold. And since my wedding band is white gold...I'll go with gold.

Instruments you play- Um. None. Sad face. I used to play the clarinet in a land far far away. I played for 3 years. But, I wouldn't know how to play today at all.

Job title- Crisis Counselor. And full time graduate student. Because let me tell ya...graduate school is a j-o-b.

Kids- One day in a land far away. Maybe a little Ruthie Claire Weaver...or a little Emerson Shannon Weaver....or a little Hansen Weaver. But for right now...my nieces are the lights of my life.

Live- In Memphis, Tennessee. I love it here. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Well, maybe Chicago. Or at the beach. But for right now, Memphis is home.

Mother's name- Ruth Ann. She is wonderful. And crazy. Crazily-wonderful. I love her so.

Nicknames: Jenny. Ruthie. Jen.

Overnight hospital stays: Well, I've had a couple. When I was young, I had to stay at LeBonheur Children's Hospital for a few days. And then when I had an appendicitis a few years ago, I had to stay. IT WAS NOT FUN!

Pet peeves- Yikes. I have a lot. Rude people. People who don't tip. People who use bad grammar. People who fish for compliments. Habitual complainers. Mean people. People who change lanes and clearly did not look in the mirror. People who ride your bumper. I could go on...Obviously, I am awesome I need to learn to let some things go.

Quote from a movie- "What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay." Ron Burgundy in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy  to his dog Baxter. Yes, that's where our doggie got his name from. 


Right or left handed- Righty.


Siblings- One older brother Mark. He's pretty cool. But don't tell him that. His head is already big enough.


Time it takes you to get ready: I mean it depends. I can be out the door in 5 minutes if I have to be. But, if I am going out with the man on a date, I'd say a good 30 minutes (if my hair is dry). If not, then probably an hour. 


Underwear- Um, yes. I am not sure how to answer this. I wear them. I like them. I hate thongs. The end.


Vegetable you hate: Cabbage. Yuck.


What makes you run late: I wait too long to start getting ready. For whatever reason, I always push the envelope with this. However, to be quite honest...the man can make me late, too. I love you honey! ;)


X-rays you've had: Hmmm..I know I've had some on my mouth for my teeth. But other than that...maybe when I sprained my ankle back in the first grade? (Here's a heads up kids: When your best friend dares you to jump off the big pole on the playground equipment after you've gone down...I don't know..maybe 3 inches...don't do it. You'll sprain your ankle. Guaranteed. Thanks Mary Elizabeth Roe. Hey, I still love you though.)


Yummy food you make: Well, honestly I like to think of myself as a pretty good cook. I make a mean spaghetti with homemade sauce. And I make a good meatloaf. And good sugar cookies. And an amazing pecan pie. So come on over!


Zoo- Penguins. After watching March of the Penguins the other night..I am in love. 


That's my A-Z for today!


Any random things we agree on friends?


I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Monday.


My Thanksgiving was amazing.


My niece Heather Dawn. She is serious about her turkey eating. Obviously.

My other niece Hannah Jane made place cards for everyone. Aren't they precious?

The hubs and my dad. Chowing down. 

Bro (aka an amazing chef) and my sis in law. Yum.

The folks.

My favorite red head and me. 

Look at that gorgeous fam. 

This could be one of my favorite pics ever. Brad loves these girls so much!

Being an aunt is awesome. 




I love my family. They truly are the best. And hanging with them is such a blessing.


Please continue to say prayers for my parents. My mom fell this past Tuesday night and took a bad fall. It was awful, but she is recovering. She hit her face on the tracking that the shower doors slide onto. They had taken the shower doors off a while ago and had replaced them with a shower curtain. Well, mom went to the bathroom by herself (a no-no right now), lost her balance...tried to catch herself on the towel rack (not knowing that the rack was loose)...and hit her face on the tub and track. She could have died. I'm not even joking. So, she is very lucky. And she is retaining an enormous amount of fluid. So, she is going to the doc tomorrow to see how they can address getting this excess fluid off of her. 


I know she'd appreciate the prayers friends. As would my dad. 


Thanks guys. 


I hope you've had a happy Monday.


I know I did.


I got out of class early tonight. 


And it's snowing. 


In Memphis.


In November.


Wow-za.


Much love friends! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your list! Maybe I'll do one too, i've pretty much put my blog on the shelf for the time being :)

    The grilled cabbage at Deja Vu will make a convert out of you...promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen!
    Yes, the list would be a great way to kick start your blog again. It was easy peasy!
    Hmmm...I don't know about the whole cabbage thing. I mean maybe I'd try grilled cabbage...You are such a foodie that I trust your judgement!

    ReplyDelete