Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Catching up....

Hi friends!

Sorry I've been a little MIA.

The holidays were CRAZY!

Yikes...I think I am still recovering.

How about you?

My funk still continues....maybe I'm suffering from an early case of S.A.D.....

But, I'm trying friends to get outta the funk!

How was your Christmas?

Mine was wonderful. Stressful at times. But wonderful.

Here a few highlights:

Christmas Eve brunch with homemade quiche, muffins, and mimosas!

Baxter was really wanting some quiche of his own!

Genuine reaction to my Joseph gift card so I can go order my Tory Burch wallet or shoes!

Some kisses do begin with Kay ;)

New stereo for his truck :)

New bible with my married name on it. Made me cry!

Christmas Eve dinner. Made yum-o crockpot lasagna!

Christmas Day at the in-laws...our best friends Josh and Robyn with their "Mazel Tov Bitches!" pints glasses ;)



At my bro and sis-in-law's house meeting Blue finally!

My youngest niece Heather Dawn...isn't she the cutest?!

My partner in crime...my niece Hannah Jane :)

Getting acquainted with Blue :)

All the loves of my life!

My big bro :)

My fab sis in law!

The hubs and I on Christmas Day

The hubs and his fam
Whew!

I am so blessed.

I sure did miss mom and dad, but like I said before, I'm going to try to go and see them before school starts up again!

How crazy is it that New Year's is only a few days away??

I can't believe it. 

My hubs has to work, so I will be going and visiting him while he works behind the bar all night long in the new dress I acquired a few weeks ago. 

It's a little out of the norm of what I would usually go for in terms of a dress...but I got a great deal on it. 

Let's just hope the dang thing fits.

Ugh. 

The holidays have not been kind to my jean size.

Okay okay.

I, not the holidays, have not been kind to my jean size.

And I haven't run since Friday.

Yikes!

So, that def hasn't helped.

But there is a story.

I had a scare on Friday when I was running. I had decided to just go and run 6 miles. Well, things were going fine. Every mile, I'd stop for a sec, stretch real quick, and hydrate. So I'm running...and I get to mile 4 and I come to a place where I can stop for a sec and stretch. Well, when I stopped. I really stopped. 

As in the world went blurry.

And I felt like I couldn't move.

And I felt like I was going to throw up.

And the music in my Ipod sounded like it was being sucked down into a tunnel.

So, I sat on the brick wall where I was on campus, and just sat.

I was there for a good 5 minutes praying the whole time that I wasn't stroking out. Or going to pass out with no one there to see me. (I mean, there were a few people on campus, but most of them were leaving for the day from their offices.)

So, after I felt like I could move again, I stood up and slowly (I mean, snail's pace) walked to my car. After 2 or 3 minutes, I finally could orient myself again, and my surroundings weren't blurry anymore.

So yea, I was a little freaked out.

There have been many theories thrown my way. Blood pressure spiked. Blood pressure bottomed out (pretty impossible). Blood sugar dropped suddenly. Hyperventilating.

But, I didn't think I was hyperventilating because I really wasn't out of breathe.

So, needless to say, I've been a little wary of running. 

But, I've decided to run tomorrow.

And run in the 10K on Saturday morning.

And probably go and get checked out by a doc soon, just to make sure that everything's in check. 

My blood pressure does have a tendency to run a little high. And heart probs run in my fam (my dad has had a heart attack...my grandmother died from heart disease at 56 with a heart the size of a football..no lie.)

So, yea, I need to be aware of these things.

And I've also decided to run with a RoadID

But, I also realized today after being freaked out for a few days...that I have to just let it go and move on. I can't let this little hiccup scare me!

But, say a prayer for me on Saturday morning. I have to admit. I'm a little scared of how this race is going to go. There is a real possibility that I'll be the last person to finish the race. I average about 12-13 minutes per mile...so I'm not the fastest bird in the bunch. And well...6.2 miles...is 6.2 miles.

So, we'll see. I am definitely glad that my husband is going to be there to support me!

And of course, I will be depending on God's support, as well.

Pretty sure it's the only way I'm going to finish!

"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Up next, a hot chocolate post!

Much love, :)


No comments:

Post a Comment