Monday, December 5, 2011

The Great Memphis Hot Chocolate Adventure - Round 1

Okay friends, before I get into the hot chocolate conversation, let me recommend to you a fantastic movie:

The Descendants!


I have to admit...

I am not really on the "George Clooney is so amazingly hot" train.

However, I am on the "George Clooney is a truly amazing actor" train.

He knocked it out of the park with "Up In The Air," and he has done it again with this film.

I definitely think it will be up for many Oscars. 

The hubs and I also agree that Shailene Woodley, who plays Clooney's eldest daughter in the film, did an 
amazing job. 



I think she is on that t.v. show "The Secret Life of an American Teenager."  

I have never watched that show, but I think the role in this film will open up many new doors for her!

GO SEE IT!

I hope you like it as much as the hubs and I did.

:)

Okay, now on to some very important business....

I am on the hunt for the best cup of hot chocolate in Memphis (or the surrounding area)!

Look I loooveee a good cup of coffee.

However, around the holidays, I really crave some good ol' hot chocolate.

So, I've decided to set out on this little adventure...and then crown a winner!

Of course, these are just MY opinions. You may have YOUR OWN favorite.

And of course, we all have different pallets. I am just here to give my thoughts! :)

The first suggestion given to me was that of Panera Bread.


Okay, I've made up a few categories in order to give ya some perspective. 

Whip Cream? - Yes they offered. However, for the purposes of this little adventure, I have decided not to add whip cream to any of mine so I can just get the hot chocolate flavor. (However, I love to add whip cream to my hot chocolate.... ;) ....please don't tell my jeans.)

Chocolate-ness- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being full on super duper chocolate flavor) I'd give it a 3. I think I am looking for just a little more chocolaty taste.

Richness- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being super duper rich), I'd give it a 3. Like the chocolate flavor, I'm looking for a little more richness.

Size- I'm not sure what size I got. I just asked for a hot chocolate. And the size in the pic is what they gave me!

Calories - 110 for an 8oz. (Yes, I am including calories in this adventure because I am psycho.) I like Panera's nutritional calorie calculator on their website. You can customize any of your meals to see a true representation of what you are eating or drinking!

Price- With tax, $2.39. Not too shabby! Actually, that's pretty affordable! :)

Cup cuteness- Okay, this really has no bearing on my ultimate decision. However, I think that packaging is important when selling a product! I think this cup is super cute. It has little birds on it and looks festive. Also, the sleeve says "Share Warmth." That's a pretty cute saying! 

All in all, I liked Panera's hot chocolate!

If you are in the mood for some chocolate-ly goodness, and you are near a Panera...go grab ya some!

I got mine from the following location:
Panera Bread - Laurelwood
4530 Poplar Avenue, Suite 101
Memphis, TN 38117

Much love, :)

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I can't wait to follow along on your quest.
    If you ever take part in these drinks in the evening, add a splash of Three Olives Cake Vodka. Hot CHOCOLATE CAKE! (I won't tell your jeans!)
    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOHHHHHHH Miss Bek. That sounds AMAZINGGGG!!! I will have to try. Anything with "cake" in the name, I pretty much adore. Like right now, I am eating cake batter yogurt from Sweet CeCe's. Thanks for the tip!! :)

    ReplyDelete