Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Great Memphis Hot Chocolate Adventure - Round 4

Hi friends!


The great adventure continues!

Where do I get this little cup o' goodness from??


Poplar Perk'n!



Whip Cream? - NOPE!

Chocolate-ness- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being full on super duper chocolate flavor) I'd give it a 4. Still could use some more chocolate...I think I might have a problem.

Richness- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being super duper rich), I'd give it a 4-5ish. There was something that made this hot chocolate...different. I thought at first there might have been a touch of hazelnut in there or something. But, then after further inspection...I came to the decision that whatever it was tasted like melted marshmallows! (I don't think there were any in there...but it sure tasted like it. YUMMM!) 

Size- I think...12oz. :)

Calories - I am not sure about this. Poplar Perk'n doesn't have a true website. Just a website on Yelp with no nutritional information. :(

Price- $2.90 for a 12oz. Not bad! 

Cup cuteness- I gotta be honest. The cup was not very cute. It was just in a regular ol' Poplar Perk'n cup. However, they are locally owned. So, I know it's hard to spend money on things like holiday cups. So, they get a pass on that. :) And like I've said before, this doesn't make any difference in regards to my decision. 

I would say that Poplar Perk'n is a great place for a cup of coffee...or hot chocolate. Some of the reviews on Yelp aren't all good. But I love this place. First of all, it's local. And that always gets a star in my book. It's literally in the shopping center of the restaurant where my husband is the bar manager/bartender. So, it's really convenient. 

And I reallllllyyy liked this cup of hot chocolate. Like I said, there was just something different about it. It's definitely in the running for first place. 

GO GET YA SOME! (I hope you like it as much as I did.):
Poplar Perk'n
4610 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38117

Much love, :)



No comments:

Post a Comment