Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Louisville...

Hi ya friends!

I hope you all have had a great Monday!

I thought I'd do a little Louisville recap...

First of all, I'd like to say that we had a great time in Louisville. The people there are so nice. Even at the game, the fans were really nice. I'm so glad that the rivalry has been rekindled. ;)

Getting ready to head out!



It's our friend "Trip the Tiger!" He made the trip to Chicago with us...and wanted to come to Louisville, too!

The man and I stayed at the Hyatt downtown and our room was really nice. It's funny because they are going to be closed these next few days to begin some renovations to the lobby and to add a new restaurant. However, I really hope they don't change their rooms up very much because they were decorated really nicely.

We'd recommend the Hyatt Louisville any day!

Our first night in town we decided to head next door to the Marriott hotel to have dinner (because our hotel was kind of lacking a restaurant right now) at the BLU Italian Grille. The menu looked great online, so we just moseyed on over.

Getting ready to head to dinner. I have a good looking husband. Yep. 

Shirt- Target (on sale for $8!)
Tank-Cato's
Pants-Target
Shoes- Payless (I love gold sparkly things!)

A beautiful tree...and a handsome husband = happy girl. 

Dinner was great. It wasn't the best meal I've ever had, but it was definitely good. And it was really pretty in there, also. They had a fireplace...and that made things even more cozy.

He had the filet.

I had the seafood risotto. 
After dinner we literally walked a few steps to the Marriott's hotel bar....which is very nice. Small...but nice.

At the awesome hotel bar. 
And guess who was sitting in the bar with some colleagues??

VERNE LUNDQUIST.



Practically broadcast royalty.

It was so neat.

No, I didn't ask for a picture with him...I probably could have, but I didn't. And it's not like he probably asks to have pictures taken with him that often, either....but I just have this rule that I really don't like to bother celebrities when they are out trying to lead a normal life.

So I didn't ask.

However, all this went right out the window when in walks...drum roll please...JOSH PASTNER!!



AGHHH!!!

He came in to say hi to Verne and the other guys at CBS.

I was so star struck all I could do was wave at him and say "GO TIGERS!"

To which he waved and smiled that million dollar smile back at me.

I WOULD have asked him for a pic.

But it was late.

And I figured he was busy.

You know, like, preparing to coach my favorite team.

Okay I was too chicken to ask. 

But, I really hope one day to have a pic with him!

So, I had my gushing moment with the hubs (as he was outside when this encounter happened)...and then it was on to more important matters...

Bourbon flights.
The hubs "Pappy" bourbon flight.  Very good!

My bourbon flight...the last one is called "Old Bardstown." My grandparents lived in Bardstown for most of their lives :)

Whew.

Gotta love Kentucky for the bourbon.

Gotta love our bartender Clare, too. She was so amazing we went back to see her the next night. More of that later....

After the beloved bourbon flights we decided to leave and explore some more of downtown Louisville and hitting up the Maker's Mark Lounge.

Heading down to the Maker's Mark Lounge.

Definitely a cool place. Really busy and seemed to be the happening place.

We dubbed it "frat-tastic."

But it was fun...and we had a great time there, too!

Day 2...game day....SO EXCITING!

Interesting thing about the KFC Yum! Center...you can smell KFC biscuits for at least half a mile away....no lie.

Anywho, before we went into the Center we hit up the Galt House hotel to have an adult beverage in Al J's Lounge. It is voted the best place in Louisville to have a drink...and I can see why. It has beautiful views of the river...and the bar has fish swimming in it. Crazy!

The hubs hanging out...
 Also, the whole place had been turned into a Gingerbread House/Santa's workshop for the holidays. It was SO beautifully decorated!
Fun times.

So, after hanging around for a little while...off we went to watch the game.

Our seats were great. Half-court. (High-up...but still great seats!)

These were smiles BEFORE the game. 

Well, if you don't know by now...we lost.

:(

But we played a great game.

(Of course with some mistakes...) but it was a wonderful game nonetheless.

After the game,we took our heavy hearts back to the hotel...to get changed to head to dinner.

We decided to try out Bistro 301.

A really nice place inside. We sat in the lounge. We loved the decor!

The hubs had the scallops. Yum.


And I decided to try a Louisville tradition...it's called a "Hot Brown."

"Hot Brown." Yes, it's covered in bacon. Bacon = happiness.


Mine wasn't really in sandwich form as it normally is....but it was delicious. So delicious.

After dinner, we loved our bartender at the Marriott so much, we decided to go and see her again.

I would highly recommend her (Clare) and the bar in the Marriott if you are ever in Louisville!!!

Sunday morning, we took the advice from my brother to go and eat at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.



Good grief! This place is sensory overload!

First of all, the food is amazing!

The hubs had the Kentucky Scramble.

I look psycho. And I had the sausage fritatta. 


This place has been on the Food Network and the Man vs. Food show.

And they were packed!

But, it was definitely worth the wait.

We loved it. YOU MUST GO THERE IF YOU VISIT LOUISVILLE!!!

And of course, I had to try their hot chocolate.

Cowboy boot glass. 
I gotta admit..it wasn't that great. Good but not great. But, it comes in a cool glass, huh?

Then it was time to head South to Memphis...all 6 hours it takes to get either to or from Louisville.

And boy was I happy to see our street sign. Sunday was some of THE WORST I-40 traffic I have ever experienced. It seemed like there were 1918283830 semi-trucks on the road.

The man and I almost had a nervous breakdown.

But, alas, we didn't!

And we had a fantastic time in Louisville. Can't wait to go back in 2 years when the Tigers take them on there again!!

GO TIGERS GO!


Quote of the trip:
Brad: "This elevator reeks of bourbon."
Me: "Honey, I think that's the whole state of Kentucky."

Much love, :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute outfit...love the blue top! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christin! Coming from you that is a huge compliment because you always dress so fab! :)

    ReplyDelete