Thursday, December 15, 2011

Please don't stop the music...

Hi friends...

I am recovering from picture meltdown 2011.

I know you were concerned....

;)

Anywho.

I mentioned in the previous post that I actually did run the 5.5 miles I set out to do the other day.

Hooray!



I honestly was really proud of myself.

And now I know I can do the 6.2 miles required of a 10K.

It might not be pretty...but I can do it.

I might be the last person to finish.

But at least I'm going to do it!



I went running at Shelby Farms along the Greenline.

I love the Greenline.

My journey took me over by the penal farm.

No, I wasn't scared....

But just a warning, though...

There is some stank nasty water over down by that direction of the Greenline.

I am thinking it's part of the Wolf River tributary system...and it's pretty stagnant.

Man,  I had to envision all kinds of Christmas smells to keep from wanting to hurl.




Nonetheless, I made it through.

My Achilles tendon was really giving me problems though.

I had to stop and stretch a lot.

And it was hurting me yesterday and today.

Any remedies for this pain fellow runners?

Also, do any of you have any ideas about running with water versus running with Gatorade? I have always just run with water as I am afraid that Gatorade will be too heavy on my stomach. But are there pros to running with sports drinks that I am not aware of? I know I could probably look all this up online, but I was hoping for some first hand accounts...

Anywho.

A little while ago, I had a friend ask me about my running play list.

So, I thought I'd share the list that I am currently listening to right now with all my friends!

Some of these have been with me from the beginning, and some haven't. I try to mix it up as much as I can so I don't get burned out on hearing the same songs over and over again. But some are so good at keeping me going, that I've just kept them...

Jen's Running Play list:


(Song Title - Artist)

She Will - Lil Wayne                          

Shots - LMFAO                
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO                
Sexy And I Know It - LMFAO                
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson              
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson                              
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson              
Sure Thing - Miguel                 
Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna                               
We Found Love - Rihanna                               
Call Your Girlfriend - Robyn  
Fire Burning - Sean Kingston                  
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor                              
I'm Flexin' (feat. Big K.R.I.T.) - T.I.                         
Countdown - Beyoncé                             
Run The World (Girls) - Beyoncé                             
Crazy In Love - Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z                       
Y.U. Mad (feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne) - Birdman              
Stronger - Britney Spears  
Gimme More - Britney Spears  
Womanizer - Britney Spears  
Circus - Britney Spears  
Damaged [Global Factory Radio Edit] - Danity Kane                       
Without You (feat. Usher) - David Guetta 
Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child                  
Good Feeling - Flo Rida                               
Rope - Foo Fighters      
Anna Molly - Incubus               
Dig - Incubus               
Wish You Were Here - Incubus               
On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez                 
Somebody To Love - Justin Bieber                     
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey                               
Ni**as in Paris - Kanye West & JAY Z       
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry         
Blow - Ke$ha  
The Immortals - Kings Of Leon                   
Telephone - Lady Gaga



38 songs...

2.4 hours of music.

That's enough to get you through any run or workout you might have.

(Unless you are running a marathon. Sorry.)

Hopefully this will give you guys a few ideas for some extra tunes!

But in case you need some more...check this out!

Happy running & working out friends!



Much love, :)

4 comments:

  1. great post!! love the music selections! I will have to download some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl! yea! I am so glad you are able to utilize some of these tunes!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love this post! So, I ALWAYS try to write you back when you comment on my blog, but it never lets me. I'm running the same 10K on NYE with a friend. It will be her first 10K. Would love to meet you out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so weird Christin! Silly blogs. Anywho, I still haven't signed up yet because I am going to try to run 6 miles this weekend. If I can do it, then I am going to sign up. (I've chickened out again about signing up!) Heck, I'll probably sign up anyways, but I just wanted to make sure I could do the whole 6.2 miles! If I do though, I'd love to meet you, as well!! Yea! :)

    ReplyDelete