Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ranting and Raving...

Hiya friends...

Sorry I've been out of the loop lately...

Yesterday was the last day of class for me this semester...

WHICH I AM RAVING ABOUT! 

WOOHOO!

Now onto a rant...

The Tigers loss the other day.

What the heck?!

The game was so frustrating.

The hubs and one of our best friends headed down to FedEx Forum this past Sunday evening to watch our beloved Tigers...

Our best friend Josh and the hubs...looking positive before the game...haha

At one of our favorite places in the world..a Tiger game :)

Go Tigers!

Wellll...needless to say it was not a good day in Tiger basketball land.

Especially because it started out on such a sour note...

If you don't know by now, the announcer at the game made one of the worst mistakes he could have possibly ever made...(which is another rant I have...)

As he got to the end of the starting line-up for the Tigers, where he was supposed to announce head coach Josh Pastner's name...this is what happened....

"AND HEAD COACH JOHN CALIPARI!"

Crickets.

Um, WHAAAATTT?

Everyone had a stunned look of shock, disbelief, and horror.

I don't think Josh Pastner has ever given the look that he gave to the camera to anyone before.

10 seconds later...the loudest "BOOOOO!"  I've ever heard resounded from the crowd.

The announcer came back on...in a very quiet voice..."My apologies...head coach Josh Pastner."

"HOOORRAAYYY!" 

The screams were deafening. 

What crack was that guy smoking? 

He probably received death threats. 

Ugh. It was awful.

So, yea, that was a definite rant. 

In regards to the loss, I guess you get up, brush it off, and move on to the next game.

And that next game is LOUISVILLE!

And that involves my next rave...

The man and I are going to watch the Tigers take on Louisville this Saturday...AT LOUISVILLE!

We are so excited!

Neither one of us have ever been to Louisville before...so it will be a cool little getaway...before the holiday madness ensues. 

And hopefully we'll come home with big smiles on our faces from a Tiger win ;)

If any of you guys have ever been to Louisville and have recommendations for food and fun, let me know!

My brother has given us some options...but I welcome all ideas.

I guess I better get to making some mixed cds for the trip...it's a 6 hour drive.

I might sneak in N'SYNC's Christmas cd, too....

I'm sure the hubs will be thrilled for that one. 

Shhh...don't tell him.

I mean, C'MON. It's a classic!!

;)

The next rant is to myself.

I'd like to be honest with you friends.

I haven't been keeping up with my 10K training the way I should be.

Ugh.

I've been doing most of the short runs.

But, not many of the long runs.

I think I am psyching myself out. 

It's not an excuse because I really believe that running helps break down  mental barriers that hold you back.

But, for whatever reason...I've just been scared. And slacking.

Sigh.

So, today, I'm off to try to run 5.5. miles. 

I know, not really that far.

But, it's the farthest that I've ever attempted to run.

I've done 4 miles.

But not 5.5.

So, we'll see. 

I haven't signed up for the 10K on New Years Eve just yet.

Maybe I need to. 

Maybe that's why I haven't been running like I should...because I haven't had that motivation of, "Well, I spent the money, now I have to do it." 

Anywho friends. 

That's the truth.

I am hoping now that the semester is over I can focus all that school energy on running. 

:)

The next rave comes courtesy of my husband...

He found the following pic on the web yesterday..


BAHAHAAA! 

It totally made me laugh. 

But, it's so true!!!

I'm still on my mission to find the best hot chocolate in Memphis friends. 

Maybe I'll treat myself to some after my run today. 

I am hoping that your week is filled with more raves than rants friends....

And thanks for listening to mine (or, well, reading them...)

Much love, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment