Friday, December 9, 2011

Recycling...

I should be working on a take home final right now.

But, alas, I am not.

Why do I procrastinate???

Ugh. Because it's what I do when it comes to school.

If school was all about craft projects, makeup, or cooking...then I'd be on that like white on rice.

However, graduate programs are all about papers, exams, and torture.

So, therefore, I procrastinate.

Anywho, speaking of school, I had a practicum site interview today for a potential site placement next semester (crossing my fingers for this site because I really think it would be an amazing opportunity!). I am required by my program to do both a practicum and an internship...first up is my practicum.

So this is what I put together for the interview:

Turtleneck: Cato's
Skirt: Kohl's
Boots: Kohl's
Necklace: Premier Jewelry


So, yea, I know it's not the greatest outfit ever.

But I use this as an illustration.

I've had that skirt now for over 7 years.

AND I STILL WEAR IT!

This was the very first time I wore it:


This was the hubs and I first anniversary together as boyfriend/girlfriend way back in the day.

The point is, you can find quality pieces (for cheap...I mean I bought it at Kohl's...). And if you take good care of them, they will last you. 

I'm not saying it's my favorite thing that I have in my closet. 

But, I know I can still rock it. 

7 years later!

I love the color!

It's funny because our (old) anniversary is in July...today is December 9th. So the color is really versatile. Another reason why I love the color!

So let's recap:
Find quality pieces you love.
Can be worth a little or a lot...as long as it's a good fit.
Pick colors that are forgiving in more than one season.

Perfecto!

I'm curious...what's the oldest thing in your closet you still recycle friends?

Much love, :)

1 comment: