Friday, January 13, 2012

The Great Memphis Hot Chocolate Adventure - Round 6.....AND...A Winner Is Revealed...

Hi friends!

It's Friday!

Woo-hoo!

Because it is Friday, I am going to give you a little happy note to end the week on.

A winner for "The Great Memphis Hot Chocolate Adventure!"

But first...

One more contender...

My sister in law is obsessed with the place where I got the final contender from...

(No, seriously. She should just have all her mail forwarded there.)

Anywho, I decided a few days ago to hop on over to Republic Coffee to try out their hot chocolate.


So here goes the recap:

Whip Cream?- Actually, I think there was a dollop. I forgot to tell them not to put it on there. However, it really wasn't all that much to notice.

Chocolate-ness: On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being full on super duper chocolate flavor), I'd give it a 4. This was pretty chocolaty. Still, for me, it lacked...um...some more. Yes, it is official. I have a problem.

Richness: On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being super duper rich), I'd give it a 4. It was pretty rich. And made me feel cozy.

Size: I asked for a hot chocolate to go. And the above picture is the size I got. It was pretty big. I am guessing 12-14 oz.

Calories: Republic doesn't have the nutritional info listed on their website (probably because they are locally owned). However, if I was a betting person, it is probably not too bad...but not too great either. Just a guess.

Price: Once again Jennifer fails to pay attention to the receipt. However, I am going to guess around $3 from the amount that I remember my bill increasing by.

Cup cuteness: It was very cute! I loved it. Very wintry. 

Okay, this stuff was pretty darn good. If you like hot chocolate...then I would recommend Republic Coffee for sure. 

ARE YOU READY FOR THE FINAL STANDINGS???!!!

Here it is folks.

What you've been waiting all holiday season for. 

(Okay, I am pretty sure you were waiting for Santa a whole lot more than this.)

THE FINAL RESULTS OF THE GREAT MEMPHIS HOT CHOCOLATE ADVENTURE!!

After careful consideration....

And an agonizing thought process...

(Okay, that last part was a little exaggerated...)

The winner of the first ever...

Great Memphis Hot Chocolate Adventure....

IS.... (trying to channel my inner Ryan Seacrest AI here...)

IT'S A TIE!!!!

AWHA???

Yes, a tie.

(Still prolonging the final decision...that's what Ryan does!)

The winners are....


(Confetti is falling from the ceiling as we speak...well in my mind it is...)

This was a hard choice. 

They are both equally deserving in my opinion.

And while I fully support the choice I made in Dunkin' Donuts....

I am really pulling for Poplar Perkin'. 

They are locally owned. 

And the owner is super nice. 

(As per the hubs, his name is Jimmy, and has been a great neighbor to the establishment where the hubs works.) (Aye yi yi...no...that did not have any influence over my final choice....I am a fair person people!)

So, please go visit either Poplar Perkin' or your local Dunkin' Donuts. 

Their hot chocolate is the bomb.com.

Here are the final standings:

FIRST PLACE: Poplar Perkin' & Dunkin' Donuts (tie)
SECOND PLACE: Republic Coffee
THIRD PLACE: Starbucks Coffee
FOURTH PLACE: Panera Bread
FIFTH PLACE: Making my own at home with Hershey's Cocoa
SIX PLACE: Cracker Barrel

Honestly, they are all winners.

(Yep...that is the counselor coming out in me.)

But, I hope that you take time out from your day...

Especially if it's not treating you so kindly...

And indulge a little with a nice, big, warm... 

(hey, DO NOT go there...)

Cup of hot chocolate!!

Yummm.

This challenge would have been way more complicated if, let's say, the competition was in regards to Memphis bar-b-que. 

Hmmm...now THERE'S an idea for the next competition.

Much love, ;)

P.S.- AND REMEMBER, THERE ARE LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment