Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's a January Kind of Day...

Does my blog post title make any sense?

Well, if not let me explain.

It was actually a beautiful day here in Memphis.

The sun was shining.

The temperature wasn't unbearable.

However, I just felt like I had a case of the "Januarys"....

Blah.

Blah.

Blahhhhhh.

I attribute this blah-ness to the sinus infection that won't end.

And the fact that I officially start back to school this week and start my practicum tomorrow...

Annnnnd also the fact that I was out WAAAAYYY past my bedtime last night.

The hubs and I ventured out to celebrate our dear friend Trey's 28th birthday.

We headed to Shogun, then The Saucer, and thennnnn....the bowling alley in Cordova.

Whew.

Shogun was yummy. I decided to not partake in the yummy hibachi and get sushi instead. Hey, I figured it was the least I could do to try and save my Weight Watchers points...for...let's say...a few Mich Ultras.

Anywho.

It was such a fun night. Trey turned 28 and is basking in the glow of the fact that he and his wife Lauren are expecting their first child in August!

We are so happy for them.

The hubs went a little crazy at the Tiger bookstore yesterday...buying a Tiger bib, Tiger onesie, and a Tiger beanie for the baby. 

The hubs: "Well this is the first baby out of all of our friends...it's my first un-official niece or nephew. I can go a little crazy if I want!"

Aw.

Anywho, it was a great night. Here's a pic recap:

The gang hanging out at The Saucer

The hubs trying out his birthday present...


Speaking of the hubs....

Bam!


WOOHOO!

I told the man two days ago, "Honey, I want to take you to the mall and get you a little something new."

The hubs: "Hmmph."

Me: "C'mon. It will be fun."

The hubs: "Yea right."

Okay, I understand. Men don't really enjoy the whole shopping experience. Even more so, they probably don't enjoy their wife dragging them to the mall to play dress up.

But, we got out of there in about an hour.

Not too shabby.

And I must say. I am proud of the final result.

He looked so spif last night!!!

Thanks honey for venturing out of your comfort zone. 

Your rocked it!

Speaking of things that are rocking....

elf Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette

I picked up that little gem at Target on sale for $8.50!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow palette!

I mean, just look at it. If you can't find a color you like....then well...you can't be pleased.

And the shadow itself stays on...all day!

I am loving it. You should get yourself one...

Here's a look at my eye shadow from last night:


Whole makeup look for the night:


I just love that you can create such a custom eye look with all those eye shadows. 

Here's a review of some of the other looks I've created using the palette:


In this look I used almost the exact same color of my sweater...I wish you could see it better in this pic!

At the hubs work holiday party...

It creates a great smokey eye as worn in the above pic.

I just love e.l.f. products!

I am also loving the gift I picked up the other day using the gift certificate the hubs got me for Christmas...

Tory Burch ballet flats...love.


As we speak...I am watching the red carpet for the Golden Globes...and am so distracted...

THERE ARE SO MANY AMAZING DRESSES!!

This is definitely helping with my case of the Januarys.

I can't wait to do a recap. 

Much love, ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment