Thursday, January 26, 2012

Judgement Day....Round 3

Hi friends!

How are you today?

Me? (If you are asking...)

Eh.

Explanation to follow.

First of all...it's raining cats and dogs here in Memphis, Tennessee today.

Yuck.

And I just realized I left my raincoat in the car. 

Fail.

Does me no good there.

Another yuck?

I forgot to weigh in yesterday morning.

So, I weighed in yesterday afternoon.

Bad idea.

So, I decided that because the number on the scale could not possibly be right....to weigh myself this morning. 

Bright and early.

So, at 7:30 a.m. I stepped on the scale.

Same results. 

AWHA?!

Tears began to well up in my eyes. 

I stepped back on the scale.

Unfortunately, the numbers didn't change. 

So, friends, in the interest of being honest...

I am telling you all that I gained 1.4 pounds this week.

Ugh.



I could blame it on my birthday.

But honestly, I only strayed off one day.

So, I attribute it to alcohol intake.

Now, before you all get in a tizzy and threaten to call Bro. Terry and Ruth Ann...

Or stage an intervention....

No, I don't have an alcohol problem. 

I just had my birthday people. 

However, that really doesn't make me feel better, nor is it an excuse. 

I even kept up with my half-marathon training. 

And managed to stay within my points range. 

So, I don't understand. 

In turn, I shed a few tears...said a few cuss words...

And am now just pressing forward on my journey. 

The WW website said that gaining is a part of the journey every now and then...and pretty much not to stress out about it. 

That's easy for them to say. 

They didn't just put in all that hard work this past week. 

But, I'm just going to take this as a learning experience and move on.

However, if the scale next week either creeps up...or doesn't move at all....

That intervention might be necessary. 

I'm just saying. 

Much love, ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment