Friday, January 27, 2012

Won't You Be My Valentine?

Hi friends!

Happy Friday!!

I hope all is well in your world.

Thank you friends for all the sweet texts I got in regards to my weigh-in meltdown.

You guys definitely made me smile and help put things into perspective. 

You guys rock!

Thank you again.

Confession time.

I have have a secret love.

(Shhhhh...don't tell the hubs.)

I am in love with cocktail dresses.

SHOCKING!

Well, not really. At least not for me

I love getting dressed up. 

There's something about slipping on a great cocktail dress that really makes me feel good.

Now, I am not asking the hubs to take me anywhere for the corporate-driven holiday that is Valentine's Day.

I am serious.

I would love a cuddly night at home just as much as a night out on the town.

But, here are a few of my favorite picks for a Valentine's Day night out...

(Warning: these are all for girls with a little more junk in the trunk...but feel free to head over to the whole website because they have all sizes!!)

I am in love with lace right now.

More lace. And in pink. Sweet.

Um, hello??? Pink polka dots!!




More lace detail.



I like the one-shoulder detail on the above dress. And the color seems appropriate for V-Day.

Okay, so this last one really isn't Valentine's Day-ish....but it I just love it. So, therefore, I included it. :)

I need this dress.

I just love the ASOS website. They have some really great options for us curvy ladies!

Check them out if you are looking for something new with pizzazz!

Speaking of pizzazz...

I bit the bullet today and got my hair colored.

It was looking a-mess. 

Scratch that. 

It was looking a hot-mess.

I had grey hairs out the wa-zoo (thanks for those genetics mom). 

And it just needed some improvement.

Last week, I tried out a new (well, new to me) salon here in East Memphis: Capelli.

I went there to get my hair styled for my birthday. 

Okay look. 

I am a complete goob when it comes to doing my own hair. 

I can basically work a flat iron...and put gel in my hair and scrunch it when I get out of the shower.

That's it. 

I can't roll it myself.

And, I usually obtain some sort of 2nd degree burn when I use a curling iron.

So, yea, I've just learned that if I want any sort of style, I go to a professional.

Well, Allyson at Capelli did such a wonderful job for my birthday, (and since she put the bug in my ear as I was leaving to schedule a coloring), I went back today to let her handle my color!

Before:

Hotmessness.

After:

RED HEAD!!!


Trying to work my camera phone. I look like a tard.

I just love it.

I am digging the red!

I've been red before, but she really made it look great.

Annnnnnnd she also made my hair look healthy by getting all those dead ends off.

It feels wonderful.

So, go see Allyson and all the wonderful gang at Capelli.

They will treat you right.

(Heads up: I did pay a little more than I normally would. Ok, maybe a lot more. But, I love it. It was worth every penny!!)

My new red hair makes me smile on the inside.

Do something this weekend that makes you smile on the inside, too,  friends!

Much love, ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment