Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Change Of Plans...

Hi friends!

First, thank you for all of your suggestions regarding my WW issues. 

I will definitely take them into consideration and to heart. 

:)

You guys rock!

And as with everything in my life...I'll just keep pressing on!

However, there has been a change of plans.

(Gasp!)

You know how I said I was going to run the Germantown Half-Marathon in March?

Welllll....

I have decided to put that on hold. 

Hear me out, okay?

There are a few reasons.

1. I just don't think that I am going to be adequately prepared in regards to training by that time.

(As a running guru once told me, "Jennifer you know all that crap about no pain no gain? Yea, throw it out the window. You should always listen to your body."

And honestly friends, I think my body is telling me I need more time.

And I hate it. 

But I really need to start listening more to my body.

2. I was starting to lose the love I had for running to begin with because I was putting so much pressure on myself. 

Well that's just silly!

So, yea.

I have decided to run this race at the end of April.

With my dear sweet friend Ellen.

Who I started this whole running journey with by training for and running our first 5k together. 

Me and Ellen at the Chick fil A 5k 

I think it's only fitting that we achieve this new milestone together, also.

I have decided to join the running/training group she runs with on Saturday mornings at Shelby Farms.

(At 7am. Whew.)

But, I think that running with a group will help keep me motivated.

I tell people all the time, while running is a solitary sport, nothing compares to the adrenaline you feel (well at least I feel) when you run a race with others. 

The other runners help to keep me going!!

I hope this puts a fire back into my running step.

Not that I lost it...but it was starting to diminish. 

And that was making me very sad.

And this may interfere (somewhat) with my goal of running 12 races in a year. 

But I'll figure it out.



In the meantime, I'm going to walk into my kitchen.

Open my freezer.

And eat a Skinny Cow (Kroger brand) 4 point ice cream sandwich.



So yum-o.

And then I'll proceed back to my sectional...and think about trying out Bikram Yoga.

Any friends out there that have tried it?

I'm curious.

And dying to try it.

Lord knows I am in no way flexible. 

Who IS this woman???

That might be a problem. 

Much love, ;)

3 comments:

  1. My mom runs with a group at Shelby Farms on Saturday mornings, but her group starts at 5 or 6 depending on how far they're going that day. Good luck! I'm sure it'll be easier if there's people to run with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was DREADING the alarm clock last Saturday, but I ended up LOVING the first training run! It's once again saying F* you to that little voice in your head that can make a million excuses why you don't need to do something (I battled that voice a lot during the C25K training!) Can't wait to reach this milestone together!

    P.S.- whoever invented Skinny Cow rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristen! Maybe I'll see her out there!
    Woo hoo Ellen! We can do this! And yes, Skinny Cow is my new fav thing in the whole world. :)

    ReplyDelete