Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Fish Out Of Water...

Hi friends?

How ya doing?

I hope well.

First...a little housekeeping.

Today was my weekly Judgement Day.

(That's "weigh in" day for those of you wondering.)

Well....

To my delight, I am down 2.4 pounds this week.

Whew!

Thank goodness.

A little more progress!

Total weight lost: 11.4 pounds.

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten back on the running track, though.

Sigh.

Today was "Ash Wednesday" and I thought about giving up "not running."

However, I gave up fried food.

It's not like I eat deep fried food every day.

But I do have a thing for french fries.

So, goodbye sweet french fries.

We already had a half-hearted goodbye because of Weight Watchers.

But, until Easter it's "sayonara."

Anywho, I'm still upset about the whole running thing.

But as I've said before, I have no one to blame but myself.

But, right now, I have to take every day one step at a time.

And no, I was not trying to make a joke in the aforementioned statement.

Just telling the truth friends.

:)

In the spirit of being truthful...

Today was my first day conducting group therapy by myself (well, as my supervisor sat in on) at my practicum site.

Actually, I ran two groups.

Whew.

And honestly, I felt like a fish out of water.



It's sort of been a tough week at my practicum site.

I don't really want to divulge the details because of confidentiality...

But, it's just been...

Well, "whew" about sums it up.

I am sure it is applicable to all careers.

But no matter how many hours you spend in class...

Or how much time you spend practicing and honing your skills...

Nothing ever really prepares you for the day you are sort of out there. On your own.

I have so much respect for group therapists now.

Managing one personality at a time is tough.

Managing 10 at a time is a gift.

Whew.

I saw this floating around Facebook the other night, and I am learning it to be true more and more each day:

It's still funny though. Well, at least I find it funny. 

Honestly friends, I am ready for this week to be over.

It's been a long one.

One shining light I see at the end of this week is that I am going to visit my parents this weekend with my Aunt.

(The hubs has to work.) :(

They live about 4.5 hours away in Missouri.

It's a haul, but it will be soooo good to see them.

I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving. (Yikes!)

Me and my folks. Photo by: amydale photography

Some of you may know that they weren't able to come home this year for the Christmas because my mom was having some health issues that warranted them staying at home this year.

Gosh I have missed them!

While I am sooo happy to be making the trip to see them, I unfortunately have a presentation to prepare for Monday, and a midterm test to study for that I am taking Tuesday.

Double yikes.

So, I ask for prayers and/or positive vibes my way this weekend friends.

For safe travels and for..well...the perseverance to get everything done that I need to.

This Mrs. appreciates it!

In turn, I am sending positive thoughts your way.

(Right now. I just did it. Hope you felt it!)

(Okay, was the above a little weird? How about cheese-fest-ish? Eh, oh well. I meant it.)

Countdown to Chicago: 11 days.

Countdown to hugs from two of the best people I know:  2 days.

Much love, ;)


2 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight loss! that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many wonderful things going on. Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome. And fries are a weakness of mine too. Why do they have to be so darn tasty?

    ReplyDelete