Monday, February 6, 2012

Meltdown...

Have you ever had one of those days??

You know.

One of THOSE kind of days...

Okay, for those of you scratching your head, I suppose I should explain.

One of those days where you just know it's going to be a bad day.

Ladies, I feel like you all can relate more to what I am talking about.

Not to say that men can't.

However, most of us do (or have at some point in our lives) experienced what I like to refer to as PMS. 

Even you guys, yes you, have PMS-like days.

Well my friends, yesterday was that day for me.

I can't quite explain it, but it's like...

I. want. to. kill. every. one. and. every. single. thing. that. comes. within. 10. feet. of. me.

I mean it's like I wake up with an elevated blood pressure.

My poor husband doesn't stand a chance on days like this one.

Neither does Baxter for that matter.

It's a distinct feeling.

And I feel it within 2 minutes of waking up.

So, I warned my husband. 

"I'm sorry. I am in a bad mood. There's no reason for it....well I mean I think I am pms-ing. But I am sorry. I don't mean to act like such a bitch. Please try not to take anything personally."

However, yesterday, for the first time ever...I saw a genuine look of fear on his face. 



Fear I may punch him.

Fear I may kill the next driver who turned without using a blinker (coming home from church was scary). 

Fear I may actually..um...I dunno...commit some unspeakable homicidal act. 

The look was so genuine.

And so hysterical at the same time. 

This was all right before we headed out the door to a Super Bowl Party.

As indicated by all the aforementioned...I was TOTALLY in a partying mood.

Yes, that is sarcasm you suspect.

So, we are getting in the car...

 (to make this all the more authentic, imagine the following being said by someone who is in a dire need of an exorcism....)

And I scream out, "All I want is a damn piece of chocolate! I just want a truffle! There's no telling how many freaking WW points are in that one stupid truffle!!!"

Brad immediately turns to me and screams, "Screw the damn WW points! WW points DO NOT apply during PMS time! Please, for the love of God, eat a truffle!!!"

So I did. 

And he did, too.

And I swear...it was like the heavens opened up...and immediately my blood pressure declined.

I equate it to a religious experience.

And that's all it took.

My mood changed. 

My spirits lifted.

And the thought of going and socializing didn't make me want to run in the complete opposite direction. 

And you know what?

I ate another one.

Boo-ya.

Take that bad mood.

Of course, I am not advocating for eating the whole bag of Lindor truffles. 

(God, they are good.)

However, I am advocating for cutting yourself a break every now and then.

Sometimes it's good for your sanity.

What helps you find sanity friends?



Thank God I have a husband who reminds me that it's okay to cut myself a break every now and then.

Find some time this week to take a breather friends.

Your blood pressure will thank you.

Much love, ;)

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate sure does help me when I get in one of those "man, I could drink 30 beers right now" moods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those days yesterday! ugh! Thank you for posting this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog! I love it! I'm your newest follower :)

    Valerie Griffin from: www.alongthewaywithvandj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you friends!!! Valerie...I am loving your blog and am a follower as well!

    ReplyDelete