Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Indulgence...

Hi friends!

In order to avoid working on homework right now, I've decided to blog.

I think it's a pretty good excuse, riiiiggght?

Don't worry. I'll be getting right on that whole homework thing as soon as I am done typing up this little ditty.

And after I wash the dishes.

And fold my clothes. 

Sheesh! Apparently there's more to do than I realized before I started typing. Okay, this will be a short post then!

So, I have a new indulgence...


I. love. this. show.

Exclamation point.

Have you guys seen "Smash?!"

What do you think?

Here's what I think...because well...that's why I am writing this post. 

First of all, I was DREADING this show.

I don't know about you guys, but if I had to see one more commercial about it before it premiered then I was going to scream.

I even commented to someone during the Super Bowl as the 91818728309 promo for it played, "I am so sick of this show already. And it hasn't even premiered!"

Fast forward one day.

I got home from class looking for something that could provide me with an escape because my brain was tired of thinking about all the things that counselors in training..welllll....have to think about. These were my options: another "Kim and Kourtney Take New York" re-run (which to be honest, I've already seen all of them...probably twice...this is where you can feel free to judge me).... 

or watch "Smash."

I thought, "What the heck? Let's just give it a whirl. If it stinks I'll write a strongly worded letter to NBC demanding back that hour of my life."

I had missed the first couple of minutes, but it didn't take long to figure out what was going on.

Before I knew it, the hour was up.

And I was in love...with everything. The music. The characters. The DRAMA.

I never have (nor do I have) plans to watch "Glee" on a regular basis. I watched the one Britney Spears tribute episode they did because, yes, I am Britney junkie. 

This just seemed a little more grown-up than "Glee." Don't quote me on that because, as I mentioned, I don't watch "Glee" on a regular basis.

From what I hear, if the show does well, the fictional Broadway musical they are working on during the show will actually be a real life Broadway musical that people can go and see. 

Pretty cool, huh?

Check out one of my favorite scenes from last week's episode!




I hope you like it as much as I do. If not, well, then I am sure that there is some sort of Kardashian show you can fall in love with over on E! I am pretty sure that their dog will have his own show soon.

Speaking of other things I am digging...

The hubs and I went to see "This Means War" last night:


Honestly, this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I even liked it more than "The Vow"...and I really liked "The Vow!"

Not only did I really like it, but the hubs did also. I haven't seen him laugh like that watching a movie in a while. 

It really appeals to both men and women.

The actions scenes were ridiculous!! 

I didn't realize until the credits rolled that McG was the director (he directed both "Charlie's Angels" movies). 

Thus explains the amazing action scenes.

And my love for Reese Witherspoon has done nothing but grown after this movie. Let me tell ya, she is smoking hot in this flick!

So, if you are looking for a fun fun night at the movies, go see "This Means War!"

Wait, did I just say "fun?"

Well decorating the house for St. Patrick's Day is pretty fun, too....

kitchen chalkboard

New front door flair...

Backyard flair. Please ignore our janky backyard. It's getting worked on next weekend.

Do you have any new indulgences friends?

Much love, ;)


Oh...I want to send out a very Happy Birthday to the woman who is such an inspiration to me...my mother Ruth Ann. Mom, I love you more than you'll ever know. You are such a beautiful light in this world. I am so blessed to be your daughter! You've helped shape me into the person I am today. I don't know where I'd be without your guidance and love. Thank you for always listening to my troubles for all these years...and for sharing in the joy of my triumphs. I know you've had a rough road, but just know that you such an inspiration to so many. I know that anyone who comes in contact with you never forgets the warmth and love you put out into the world. I also know they are all the better for knowing you. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you and Dad next week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


I love you Mom! (photo by: amydale photography)


2 comments:

  1. We saw This Means War tonight! LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went and saw This Means War as well and were both suprised with how good it was! We both were laughing the whole time! I have been telling folks about it as well!

    ReplyDelete