Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whew...

Whew!

Friends. Today I am very grateful. 

The town where my parents live was hit by a tornado this morning.

They are fine, but my mom's work had some major structural damage.

I am so glad they are okay, their church is okay, and that no one in town was hurt.

But, my prayers go out to those who were affected throughout the Midwest.

Some weren't so lucky.

So, please say a prayer for all those affected. 

I also ask prayers for my parents right now.

Without getting into many details, I just please ask that you say a small prayer for them.

My mom is having some major health problems, and my heart hurts for her and my dad.

Thank you very much friends.

It's hard to be so far away from them.

Visiting this past weekend just reinforced that.

But I know that God is good, and God is watching over both my mom and my dad.

But extra prayers can't hurt.

;)

Thank you again. I very much appreciate it.

As does my family.

Mark 11:23-24
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Switching gears...literally.

I am having sort of an embarrassing problem.

It's something that I haven't really ever had to deal with....

But in the past two months...

Has just escalated.

Alright...I'm just going to lay it out there.

Body acne.

Gross.

Ew.

Did you just cringe?

It's okay.

I understand.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME NOW??!

I'm not on a new medication.

I wash my bras.

I wear clean clothes.

I take showers.

What gives????

Do you have any suggestions as to why friends?

Or, perhaps some solutions?

I've tried Neutrogena Body Wash...but it's just not cutting it. 

It's so weird...I've gone from super dry skin...to breaking out.

Not my face (well a few small blemishes here and there...that's pretty normal with me)...

But my chest (you just cringed again didn't you?)...

And my back...

Yuck.

HELP!

Much love, ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... Well first of all, look at what's going inside. Are you drinking enough water? Have you changed something major in your diet, for example, more fried foods than normal? Adding some extra sugar here and there? Secondly, stress. Has there been an increase? As we age, hormones change. This is the reason why one deodorant may have work for 100s of years and now it doesn't. Lastly, the outside. Have you changed soaps? Are you overly lotioning or oiling your skin? Could it possibly be something that you're coming in contact with? Personally, I'd start with what goes inside. Increase the fruit, veggies, and cut the fat and sugar. See if that helps. I need to see you back in 3 weeks and your bill will be in the mail;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thank you Merle! Be looking out for my payment ;) Actually, my food intake has gotten WAY better, especially since I started Weight Watchers. I do have a soft spot for Coke Zero...but I probably go through at least 2 bottles of water a day. I've always known that water is great for your skin...but I've always just thought about it in terms of my face. Now, the stress part...that makes sense. Annnddd...I might be overly lotioning to be quite honest. I am so scared to wind up with dry skin like my dad. But I will def keep an eye out for diet suspects...and in

      Delete
  2. I recently developed body acne too. I went to dermatologist and they recommended that I switch to Cerave face wash and lotion. It has REALLY helped. Also, did you change soaps? Like I was using a body wash instead of just bar soap and it really made me break out worse. The face wash and lotion are expensive but they are totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you!! I will def try that brand out!

      Delete