Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chicago Recap #2.......and a Sad Loss

Ugh. 

The Tigers lost.

And I wound up at Raiford's that evening if that gives you any indication of how things quickly spiraled out of control after we lost.

It was a truly sad moment to be a Tiger fan.

Hey, wait, baseball season is right around the corner, though!

Oh wait.

I am a Cubs fan.

Sigh.

The misery continues.

Nonetheless, Go Tigers Go! Love you guys...we'll get 'em next year!

At least I had MY one shining moment.

Yours truly wound up being interview by Channel 3 News here in Memphis...because I sported my Tiger tights out to watch the game at Young Avenue Deli....


Look for me around the 0:54 mark.




(Okay, I tried to upload the video into the blog, but it's not working. Follow THIS link to watch if you like.)


Please. No autographs.

;)

At least I am still beating the hubs in the bracket department. 

If I win this year, it will make 8 years in a row. Now, THOSE are bragging rights.

Okay, on to something that conjures up more positive memories....

Another Chicago recap!

On our second day in the Windy City, we headed to Ann Sather's where you supposedly could get the best cinnamon rolls ever.

Well folks, that is, indeed, correct. 

They were scrumptious!


TOO much food. Yikes.

Ann Sather's was very close to Wrigleyville...

So we just walked down to our favorite neighborhood to check out things during the off season....and to do a little shopping. 

A beautiful sight.

The best intersection in the world! Clark and Addison!

At our most favoritest place in the world.

For those of you who don't know, the hubs and I got engaged at Wrigley Field... (You can read the condensed version of our engagement story here.)

So, it's a very special place for us.

Being back there brought up so many wonderful memories of that trip and that time in our lives.

I feel like it was just yesterday!

And here we are...almost 3 years later!

Man, time flies.

So, anywho after walking around for a little while, we decided to drop in at a local bar, sort of off the main drag. ...Sheffield's Chicago!

I'm glad we did....there was hardly anyone in there...and the beer selection was great. I'm not even a lover of high IPA beers...but I even found a few that I liked.

Cool bar!

Enjoying our time at Sheffield's!

I am pretty sure we stayed there close to 2 hours just hanging out and talking....so we quickly realized it was time to head back to the hotel to go and get ready for dinner!!

For dinner, we had chosen this particular night to head somewhere nice....

I picked up this dress for $18 from Target!

So, off to Keefer's we went!



Out on the town...

Love this pic!

Let me tell you.

The BEST steak I've ever had.

Pretty sure the hubs agrees with me.

It was DIVINE.

That's a whole lotta meat.

Oh wait. I have a whole lotta meat, too.

We couldn't even finish it all.

I beg of you...if you go to Chicago...go eat a steak at Keefer's. 

You might cry.

It's THAT good.

So, after indulging ourselves, we headed over to a place that I've wanted to go to for many many years....


"Why?" you ask.

Well, I'll tell you why...I've loved this movie for many many years:


And many scenes were filmed at The Drake.

So, I made it a point to go and snap some pics at this beautiful hotel... oh and grab a drink, too.


BEAUTIFUL lobby!

A fav of mine :)


It was the perfect end to a great day.

Another recap to come...soon.

Much love, ;)

4 comments:

  1. I saw that dress when I picked up a couple. I could not believe the prices at 18 each. I posted my finds from the other day, too cute! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a blast! Love the first photo of you!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you darling! hope you are having a blast at the beach!

      Delete
  3. so fun! that cinnamon roll looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete