Sunday, April 15, 2012

Catching up...Birthday Party...Fun Tops...and Workouts

Hi there!

Remember in a land far away I was heading to my niece's 6th birthday party?

Well here are a few highlights of the big day...

Check out Hannah's own drawing of Spongebob above the cake!


Lil sis is in on the cake action


My sis in law and brother...with the two prettiest girls in the world!

Love this girl so much!

Checking out her new Taylor Swift book :)

Hannah's favorite :)

What a fun day it was!

I can't believe that sweet red head is already 6 years old...time sure does fly.

My sister in law had everything decorated so cute...she is such a good mom!

I hope one day I can be HALF the mom she is to her girls. :)

(In a land far far away...haha.)

Well, in the past few weeks, I have tried to update my spring wardrobe a little at a time. 

Remember this shirt I blogged about ordering from Old Navy?

Well, it came in last week...and here is how I styled it...

Blouse: Old Navy
Skinny jeans: Michael Kors
Sandals: Payless

I had originally paired the top with white pants that were a little more flared. But it just made the whole outfit look...umm...bulky?

So, I ventured out to TjMaxx yesterday and scored these originally priced at $99.00 Michael Kors jeans for $32.99!

I thought that was a pretty good score.

You know, I used to HATE TjMaxx. I hated digging through stuff. But ya know, I really like it now. I think of it as treasure hunting! :)

And don't get me wrong. Wearing white skinny jeans is a little nerve wracking for me. 

Black is my favorite color. 

White def isn't the most forgiving...but these jeans are very comfortable. 

So, I figure as long as I keep up my 5 day a week elliptical workouts that I've started, then I can keep wearing them. 

Yes this is for real. No this is not a paparazzi pic of me.

If I don't, me and ol' home girl above might be headed down the same course.

Honestly, I am about to ramp up my elliptical exercises as beach/wedding trip is creeping ever so close.

I have been doing an hour workout, but I really want to amp it up to 2 hour workouts.

Whew!

I know some people get really bored on the elliptical, but I really like it.

I just read my Kindle and an hour passes by quickly!

And I really think it's helped with losing a few inches...so I am just going to keep at it.

Speaking of losing...I have lost 15 pounds so far with WW.

A great success, for sure. But I definitely have a ways to go. If I were to be quite honest with you friends, I have about 40 pounds to go. 

So, yes, two hour elliptical workouts are def in the works!!

I am in the middle of The Hunger Games Trilogy (on the second book right now...I LOVE THEM!!) while I work out.

(The hubs and I saw the movie. LOOVED IT. He can't wait to start reading them as soon as his classes are done.)

Any recommendations for more reads after I finish them?

Much love, ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute shirt from Old Navy. The sandals from Payless are so cute, I need to go take a look. Great find on the jeans! Erica

    ReplyDelete