Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'mmmmm Baccckkkk....

Hi friends!

Wellllll I am back.

I took my Comps exam yesterday.

Whew.

Ugh.

It was roughage.

And like most of my predecessors and colleagues who have taken it....

I walked out feeling like it could have gone either way. Pass or fail.

But it's over now.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

(Well, I suppose I could pray real hard.) 

Now begins the waiting process.

2 whole weeks of waiting on the verdict.

But as I said before...at least the test is over.

I have one more week at my practicum site.

And a few more weeks of class.

And then it's sweet summertime!

I am most definitely looking forward to a break.

I have really felt...I dunno...burned out...these past few weeks.

This has probably been the most emotionally exhausting semester I've ever had.

It even beats this time last year when I was planning our wedding that was to take place 2 weeks after classes ended.

Whew.

I welcome the break before my full time internship in the fall.

Barf.

And then it will be graduation time this December! YEAAAA!

I am kind of bummed because most of friends are graduating this semester or in the summer.

I fell behind when I took last summer off after the wedding. They all took summer classes and are now graduating.

I just wish we could have all walked together! But I am SOOO happy and proud for them. 

My best friend is also graduating from her Master's program on the same day. Annnddd the hubs' little sister is graduating from her undergraduate program on that exact day, too.

The University of Memphis is cranking out some pretty amazing graduates this time around!

Congrats friends on all your achievements :)

So after "breathe-into-a-paper-bag-kind-of-anxiety-ridden test experience" (a.k.a. Master's Counseling Comps Exam 2012), the hubs and I used a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse gift cert we had....and celebrated.

With many a few adult beverages. 

We had a great time. It was nice to decompress!

Evening outfit...

Cardigan: Old Navy
Blouse: Gap
Jeans: JcPenney
Wedges: Payless
Bag: Kate Spade

(Please ignore the oh so nice looking floor decor.)

Switching gears... 

I went to Payless the other day to just browse...and of course they were have their BOGO half off sale.

Of course, I succumb to the BOGO gods and walked out with two pairs of wedges...same shoe...one in black...one in brown.

I am wearing the brown ones in the above pic. And I must say, they are THE MOST comfortable pair of sandals...ever.

I wore the black ones today with a dress for an honor society induction ceremony (I am on the board for the honor society)...and had to run, yes RUN, to another building on campus. 

And they were comfortable...annnnndddd I somehow managed not to break an ankle. 

I am sure now I will walk out of my front door and fall flat on my face...but at least it wasn't in front of the 190183873734 high school seniors that were visiting the U of M today. 

(P.S.- Kids. Pick the University of Memphis. You won't regret it. I've had a total of 6 1/2 years of nothing but the best times of my life.)

So friends, shall we start the catch up process?

Yes...let's.

Much love ;)

4 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Best of luck with everything! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable. Good luck with everything. I'm graduating this December too, and it's going to be a weird semester alone since most of my friends don't graduate til next spring...

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete