Friday, May 25, 2012

1st Anniversary Recap....


Hi friends!

How are you this Friday?

I hope well.

It's the unofficial start to summer...and boy is it going to feel like it here in Memphis, Tennessee!

Well, the hubs and I decided to get out of town for a few days for our 1st anniversary to Hardy, Arkansas.

It sounds glamorous, huh?

Haha.

We had actually traveled to Hardy about 4 years ago to celebrate our 4 year anniversary of being a couple.

Brad surprised me with a trip to a fabulous bed and breakfast there at that time. 

We had traveled through there many times on the way to visit my parents, and I had mentioned how fun it would be to go and get away there. 

At the time, there were a ton of antique shops (which we loveee) and of course, tons of activities involving the Spring River.

This time around, we were sadden to see that many shops had closed. Apparently, the recession hit the town hard. But, there were still 5 or 6 shops to spend hours in. Yes, hourrrs.

This time around, we chose to stay again at the b&b we stayed at the first go around because we were so smitten with it. 


Let start out by saying that if you are looking for something contemporary, this is probably not the place for you.

However, if you are looking for coziness and quiet...this is definitely the place for you.

We stayed in the Hideaway room this time. It was the smallest (and cheapest) room. However, it had it's own private entrance and a screened in porch. It was super neat!

Here's a little video I took right before we left to show you guys around:



I am sorry part of the video is muffled. I guess I put my finger over the microphone. But, that part is just me talking about the garden...and how the roof over our screened in porch was being worked on as we left (so I couldn't show you the room).

Anywho.

Isn't that view just amazing??!!

Oh it's just so lovely. 

We can't wait to plan our next trip to Biggers.

The next time around we'll plan on coming up on a weekend. The main reason is that the steakhouse at the b&b is open Thurs-Sat nights. We had forgotten that we had come up on a weekend last time...so when we got there, we quickly realized that we had to figure out other dinner plans. 

Anddd....many places are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Because it's a small town. 

So, we ate at the same restaurant all 3 days we were there.

Haha. 

But it was good! And they had an abundance of gravy-covered items.

Yummmmm.

So, go and visit Hardy. And the good folks at Biggers. The manager Shannon is so sweet. She truly makes you feel right at home. 

Here a few highlights of our trip.....

Giving gifts before we left...(1st anniversary traditional gifts are "paper")

I got the hubs our first dance song "Let's Stay Together" custom framed. 

And he got me wedding mementos custom framed...rehearsal dinner menu...rehearsal dinner place cards...save the date...wedding program...and the lyric sheet our friend Bob used to sing a song during our ceremony....

We totally didn't plan on getting each other framed gifts...it just was a pleasant surprise to us both....at least we were on the same page about things with the whole "paper" gift idea.... We both loved our gifts to one another! :)

Shopping in downtown Hardy


Our anniversary evening 5/21/12....


Beautiful scenery....

Seeing bunnies made me very excited....

"Senior Picture" photo op. Haha. I took this photo because I thought the scenery looked like something you'd pose with  during your Senior portrait. : ) Anywho, I decided to wear the shoes and earrings I wore on our wedding day just to add some nostalgia to the evening. :)


Fishing on the Spring River!

It was hot...but fun!!

Inside of main house...

Another view of the main house....

Breakfast at the B&B...yum.....

Yum.....

We didn't have any cupcakes or cake saved from our wedding...but I saved and froze cookies from my wedding shower that was held the day before our wedding...this is about as far we got with them before we had to through them out...haha. 

Such a fun time! And a truly memorable anniversary. 

Thank you to all who sent us well wishes....you guys are so sweet. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

Much love, ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am so ready to sneak away on vacation. I loved all the photos! Looks like it was so much fun.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete