Monday, May 7, 2012

Crazy....Busy.....Weekend Fun!

Goodness gracious friends!

What a busy weekend!

How was your weekend friends?

I hope it was pleasant.

Mine started out heading to a graduation party for my dear friend Sarah Lawrence.

Another dear friend of mine Ellen, who also graduated Saturday, came to the party, as well. It was a lovely evening celebrating with these two wonderful people in my life who I am so proud of! I will miss seeing your beautiful faces in class!

Outfit for the evening:

Blouse: Old Navy
Skinny Jeans: Michael Kors
Wedges: Payless
Earrings: Premier Jewelry
The jury is still out on this blouse. I love the color blocking looks going on...I am just not sure this top looks the best on me. But I love the cobalt blue!

Makeup look for the night:



I am still using the Revlon Photoready foundation. However, I am in the market for a new foundation. I want something light, but with a matte finish (especially for the summer heat!). But, I think that may be a tall order. Does anyone have any foundation recommendations?

Saturday morning was spent at the FedEx Forum for the hub's little sis's graduation from the University of Memphis!



Congrats Lindsay! She graduated with her undergraduate degree in Psychology (hey...just like me!) ;) Way to go! You should be SO proud of all your accomplishments!

I honestly found myself getting a little emotional as "Pomp and Circumstance" began to play. A rush of emotions came over me as the song started....I was transported back to my undergraduate graduation....and then I began to think about my own upcoming Master's graduation in December....and realizing that many of my friends are graduating and won't be on campus anymore next semester (which is a little sad)....and getting excited thinking about my husband's graduation from the U of M (hopefully next May!)....AND just how proud I am to be associated with such an amazing university.

It sounds a little silly, but the University of Memphis means a lot to me. It's almost as if I am in a relationship with the U of M. (Okay, I know that sounds crazy...but that's how I feel!) I have such a strong bond with the University and all things associated with it. 

I remember a high school teacher of mine telling me one time how underrated the University of Memphis is, and how great of an institution it is. 

And no, he wasn't an alumni. Haha.

And it's true. I am SO proud that I will soon be able to say that I am a twice alumni of the University of Memphis. 

Go Tigers Go!

Later that day, I had a work event, working with church members at Bethesda Word of Life Christian Center to commemorate the one year anniversary of the flooding last May in the Orchi Street Community. Hope Presbyterian also helped to put on the event. It was a great success! It was a wonderful afternoon of fellowship and reaching out to any survivors that still may need help. 

With my beautiful coworker Shaneika :)

Beginning of block party

By the end of day, I was a little pooped.

And disappointed that the horse I pulled for, Hansen, didn't win the Derby, 

:(

So, I opted  not going out for Cinco de Mayo.

And stayed at home. And watched episodes of Louie.



Hillarious. Watch it.

Sunday, the hubs and I decided to relive our "glory days."

And go to the Beale Street Music Fest.

Oh lawd.

I haven't gone to Music Fest in a long long time.

Mostly because of the fact that I've been there. Done that.

And unless some one I really really want to go see comes, I'd rather not deal with the hot-mess-ness that is a whole lotta intoxicated folks.

But, the hubs really wanted to go see Bush. 
(Can we say old school???!)

So, I said what the heck. 

And even after years of going and learning the "rules" of what to do and what not to do, I still opted to wear a dress. But it actually was very cool and comfy...

Dress: Target


I look like I am doing a little winky wink in the above pic. What's up with that?

Anywho, I did wear sunscreen after many years of lessons learned. And I am happy to say that while I got a little pink, over all I escaped hating my life this morning. 

And, honestly, the hubs and I had one of the best times we've had together in a long time! I'm glad I decided to suck it up and go. Here a few highlights of our afternoon down on the river:

At the Flying Saucer!

Glistening with sunscreen..haha!

LOVE the river!

Michael Franti! He did an AWESOME job!

The Civil Wars were great!

Trying to snap a sunset pic

I am sad we didn't get a pic of Bush playing, but they rocked the house!

We took a taxi both to and from the festival because we were trying to be smart responsible adults. 

And one perk of taking that taxi, was the fact that as we we were dropped off back in front of our home...the rain began to pour. 

And we only had a few steps to walk in the door!

Whewwww

Thank you for hanging with me during this long post.

I am having issues in regards to not feeling like this blog is nothing but a huge "look at my life! look at me!" vain type of thing. 

Do any other of you fellow bloggers feel that way?

Is there anyway to combat that?

Should I start blogging about topics?

Do you guys have any questions you'd like for me to address and blog about?

I'd love to hear from you!

Leave me a comment, or feel free to email me at hippyjenny@hotmail.com.

Also, if you guys have any suggestions in regards to new foundation ideas for me, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks friends. 

Much love, ;) 

4 comments:

  1. girl, this is YOUR blog. you don't blog for us, you blog for you. I would much rather read about your real life & the things you do! keep up the good blogging! I wouldn't change a thing about your sweet blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfits! Congrats to your sister! I saw blog what ever is on your mind. I really use my blog as a memory book and motivation piece for me! Have fun! Erica

    ReplyDelete