Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Current Obsessions....and A Very "Embarrassing" Story...

I can't believe that our wedding anniversary is 5 days away.

Holy cow. 

Where does the time go??

Out the window I tell ya!

Look who we had dinner with last night:

The Weavers...and The Dales :)

Why that's just our fantastically amazing wedding photographer Amy Dale...and her super duper husband Andrew. :)

They are so ridiculously cute. I hope we can do it again soon!!

Check out her work here. Use her to create memories to last a lifetime. Seriously. You can thank me later. :)

The hubs and I still have not made a final decision about whether or not we are going to go out of town for our anniversary....

Buttttt....

If we were to stay here....

I would absolutely love to wear this dress:

Badgley Mischka Fifth Avenue Showstopper Dress

I love sparkles.

Alas, I have waited too long and can't rent it now.

Heck. I might just make up some ridiculous reason to wear it.

Andddd...

I am loving this necklace:

The Gilles Necklace


And of course...the blogger world has been abuzz with this necklace:

"J.Crew" Necklace

Of course, it's not really a J.Crew necklace.

It's the imitation necklace.

Follow this link to see that necklace...along with many many others I am lusting after!

So those are my current obsessions.

Do you have any friends?

Okaaaayyy....onto the embarrassing story.

Okay, this is the part of the blog where if you get squeamish about the thought of me engaging in adult acts with husband (that would be you family members)...then it's time you stop reading and go about your normal day.

Alrighty....

The other day I decided to be a responsible adult and go to Walgreens and buy...

Wait for it.

Condoms.

(Gasp!)

(For the record, yes, I am on birth control. But the hubs and I in no way desire to have a little one right now. So, we take super extra precautions. That may seem a little extreme...but hey....when you are content with the pitter patter of little doggie paws...you take all the extra precautions you can.)

Okay. Yes, I went to buy condoms.

Let me also say....it's still a little weird for me to buy them. 

I know.

I am 28 years old.

I have taken a Human Sexuality course (undergrad and grad!).

And I applaud all women for being responsible and taking control of their sex lives.

But it's still a tad uncomfortable for me to buy them.

I never had to buy them until the hubs and I got married. 

So, yea, I am learning.

Okay, anywho....

I headed into Walgreens where I saw a nice police officer standing guard by the door. 

(Thank you Walgreens for being proactive.)

 Andddd...I made my way to the "family planning" aisle...

And as I am standing there....

Trying to make a decision....

The police officer just happens to walk by me. Slowly.

Ugh.

Okay, fine. He's making sure I don't steal something.

But still. Ugh.

I don't know about your Walgreens, but most of them here in Memphis require that you lift up this handle thingy to get your no baby making materials. Because they are behind a plastic case thingy.

I understand.

People steal.

I finally make a decision....

So, I lift up the handle to obtain my no baby making materials when...

"THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT WALGREENS!!!!"

Blares out at 393838494 decibels for the whole store to hear.

"On snap! Someone is buying condoms!!"

Geez.

As I scurry away to the register...I thought I was out of the danger zone.

(Yes, insert Kenny Loggins and Top Gun music here.)

I had two greeting cards and a package of condoms. 

Fantastic.

Beep...Beep...Beep...into the bag...

Nope.

The cashier drops my package.

As the two people behind me look on.

C'MONNNNN!!

And then said cashier had to desensitize (no pun intended) the package as for it not to beep as I walked out the door.

It seemed to take 20 minutes to freaking check out. 

I know.

Sounds devastating.

Not really.

A little traumatic?

Yes.

Maybe this time next year, I'll be a little more....

Secure.

With my purchases.

Much love, ;)

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! A scene right out of a movie.

    Love the dress. I love dresses! I have worn one to work every day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my what a story!! and congrats on your upcoming 1 year. it always goes super quick!!

    ReplyDelete