Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Taking A Chance....

Well, I did it.

I bit the bullet.

And registered for the St. Jude Memphis Half-Marathon!



After reading Christin's blog post today, I just decided to just go ahead and do it!

December 1, 2012 is the big day....

So, I guess I need to get my butt back out on the pavement (and/or back on the treadmill...haha...Memphis summer heat and humidity is ridiculous!)....

I am going to join a running group in September to help with the training of the long runs.

My friend Ellen had great success with this training, so I think that I am going to give it a go, also.

It means giving up a lot of Saturday mornings...but the rewards will be so worth it.

(Please remind me of that when I am whining and moaning about half way through training, okay?)

I can't think of a better way to end the year.

Half-marathon. 

Master's graduation.

Christmas.

New Year's Eve.

Well, at least I'll get those things out of the way before the world ends on December 21, 2012.

However, maybe I can dodge another bullet.

Judgement Day was also supposed to take place on my wedding day last year.

(Do you remember seeing those billboards around town??!)

That didn't really pan out, either.

Well, it might have felt like Judgement Day to the hubs....

I kid.

Well, now that I've paid for this....

 I've got to run this!

Let's go!

Much love, ;)

11 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'm still trying to decide. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! C'mon...you know you want to! ;)

      Delete
  2. Way to go!! I'm sure you can do it! I am still debating on signing up for my first half marathon...there is one in October I am eyeing...


    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a big decision...but you have plenty of time to train. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Way to go Jennifer! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you can do it!!! If I can anyone can! Just keep foing and don't give up. Start off small with short runs now till training time starts. Try to do some 5K and 10K races that will help! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you may give up your saturdays but it will be so worth that when you cross the finish line on dec 1. believe me!! i am training for a half marathon currently and mine is may 20, eckk so soon! and it kills having to get up early but i will be so glad that i woke up early

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will do great...I ran my first half and it was the best accomplishment ever!!

    ReplyDelete