Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bachelorette-ing....

Hidee friends.

How's your Thursday so far?

Mine...eh.

But I am blessed and thankful nonetheless.

So all this hoopla about going to the beach centers around two very special people in my life.

One being Thomas, who I met years ago when we worked together.

The other being Elizabeth, who started dating Thomas pretty soon after he and I started working together.

I knew when I met Thomas that he was a special person. And I suppose special encompasses a lot of things.

Haha. I kid.

But, I knew that he was going to be somebody very special in not only my life, but also the hub's.

He is truly a genuinely nice person. Would give you the shirt off of his back if you asked...and throw in his shoes, too.

Elizabeth is also an amazing person. Having her friendship is one of the true highlights and blessings in my life.

We all became fast friends.

When Thomas met Elizabeth...it was a cat and mouse sort of love story. 

They were very coy about their relationship status...but EVERYONE knew. 

It was written all over their faces.

So fast forward.

Thomas was a groomsman in our wedding.

photo by: amydale photography
Elizabeth was a bridesmaid.

photo by: amydale photography
Fast forward a year later, and here we are at their wedding time.

I am so honored to be the Matron of Honor.

And the hubs is proud to be an Usher.

And what is a Matron of Honor to do?

Throw the bride a little bachelorette party! 

Of course, with the help of the amazing other bridesmaids!

(Seriously, all three of us are having the best time with this wedding....they are such the bomb.com.)

We had the lingerie party at one of the bridesmaids' houses, headed to Blufin for dinner, The Blind Bear for a cocktail, and then back to the house for some girl time.

Here's a little recap:


Muddy's cupcakes are a must at ALL parties!

Along with chocolate covered strawberries....

The beautiful bride to be! 

Fun time presents...

The ladies...doing bachelorette party things.

The bride with my two partners in crime. We all made a great team!

The bride and me...and our dear friend Jennifer...who was both my boss and Thomas' boss at the job we both shared back in the day. 

Love this sign. Love this pic of the bride to be. And I love Etsy for providing me with cute decor.

Cheers to the bride at Blufin. 

Fun cocktails at The Blind Bear downtown. Try their Apple Pie shot. Amazing.

We all had a blast. 

We proceeded to head back to the house where we started...unscathed...which is pretty rare during any sort of bachelorette party.

Back at the house, we proceeded to read aloud Fifty Shades of Grey.

I had already started the book a few days before the party....(yes I jumped on the bandwagon.)

Our spoken word moment encouraged me to amp up the reading. Good lawwwwd.

(I am sure there will be a Fifty recap soon.)

I'm also giving myself a shout out in this blog.

Hey, it's my blog. I can do what I want, right

You see, being that my husband is a bar manager/bartender extraordinaire/mega-mix master of adult beverages, I was very nervous to take on the bartending duties at the pre-party.

However, all reviews are in....and this lady right here killed it.

Woo!

I mean, I do have the most amazing coach and teacher.

Thanks honey.

Maybe if this whole counselor thing doesn't pan out, I'll just hop on the bartending bandwagon.

I know that he hears plenty of problems being behind the bar....and he doesn't  have to fork over $1918183273393 to the University of Memphis for a piece of paper stating he's qualified to listen.

Nahhhh...

I dare not show him up.

(Just kidding honey. You will forever and always be the best bartender in Memphis....and everywhere for that matter.)

Anywho.

I am so looking forward to the beach and wedding celebrations for two of my bestest friends. 

Ain't love grand?

Much love, ;)


1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!! I love events like this and good friends.
    Ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete