Monday, June 18, 2012

Post Card Living....and Happy Father's Day...

Hello friends!

I am currently blogging to you from our adorable condo in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

This town is so cute.

I love where we are staying...when we get back...I shall blog about it so that maybe you, too, can enjoy it sometime!

So, yesterday morning, I decided that since I was at the beach, I should then most definitely run on the beach.

I mean, I know it's hard.  

But, c'mon....I needed to work off a few of the adult beverages I knew I'd be consuming later in the afternoon.

And look at the view:

Instagram photo. Beach right across from our condo.
Somehow, I convinced the hubs to come with me.

And for that, I now owe him an "I'm sorry" at least once a day from here until...oh I don't know...eternity.

Instagram photo. See how happy I look before the run???
For you see friends, running on the beach should only be done by those who....well....honestly, I'm not sure it's a good idea for anyone.

I started out in my tennis shoes.

Um, yea, that lasted 10 seconds before I realized even if I ran on the hard packed part, sand is everywhere

It IS the beach for crying out loud.

So, I threw my shoes off and tried out barefoot running.

Mistake #2.

 If you've never trained running barefoot, probably not a good idea to start out your first beach running excursion that way.

Anywho, I finished my training run.

Anddddd I was feeling okay.

Until about 2 hours later, when I realized that I might have the nastiest blister ever on my big toe.

And not only that, my toe was also cut up from the friction involving the sand.

Instagram photo. Yuck Yuck Yuck!!!!!
Fail.

Lesson learned friends.

Take my advice.

The only reason anyone should ever run on the beach barefoot is if you see Channing Tatum, shirtless, holding a cheesecake, and you want to be the first one to reach him.

Don't be a tard. Don't EVER try this. Unless you are a professional.

Alrighty, moving onto something much more important...

I finally got the Internet to work in our condo this morning, so I wasn't able to properly wish my Daddy a Happy Father's Day yesterday through this little humble writing project.

Happy Father's Day.

Okay, I think that about covers it!

J/K.....

Dad, thank you. Thank you for being the first man to love me. Thank you for being the constant example in my life of how to show Christ's love to others. Thank you for being strong when many can't be. Thank you for being honest with me now on the days when you aren't. Thank you for instilling in me that I had worth...and that worth was waiting for. Thank you for your sharp humor and your laughter...it picks me up on days when you might not even know I need it. But somehow....oh somehow... you always do know that I need it....thank you for your gentle soul and sweet spirit. Thank you for instilling in me a love of Cubs baseball, which in turn, led me to be okay with the disappointments in my life...not only in baseball but also with other things as well. Because life is full of disappointments, but thank you for teaching me it's what you choose to do after that really defines who you are.Thank you for always believing in my dreams, for always appreciating my beauty, for complimenting me on my intelligence, and giving me the confidence to take on this thing called life. Thank you for also marrying the love of my life and me. I am a lucky girl to have not only an amazing father here on Earth, but also my amazing heavenly father who continues to bless me everyday. Thank you to both fathers. I will forever be grateful for the blessing of their love shown to me.

Daddy and me

photo by: amydale photography. Marrying the hubs and me.

Father/Daughter dance

I love him so!

I am a Daddy's girl through and through. 

Always have.

Always will be.

Much love, ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried running on the beach. I'm too big of a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay to be a wimp in this situation! ;) I think it's best to stick to scenic paved routes instead of the beach!!

      Delete