Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Recap....Makeup Finds.......And Shameless Plugs.......

Hewwo friends.

How ya doing?

Did you survive the storms today unscathed?

I hope so!

The hubs and I almost didn't.

We were literally 10 seconds away from getting side swiped at Poplar and Oak Court by someone who obviously wasn't paying attention to the fact that the light was out. 

Lights were out all over town from the storm this afternoon.

Whole trees were toppled over onto houses a hop, skip, and not so much of a jump...from our home.

Stay safe Memphis!!!

Anywho.

This past weekend, I welcomed one of my bestest friends in the whole world...and her sweet husband to Memphis Friday evening.

We were all out "celebrating" our other bestest friend's last weekend in Memphis.

Yes, my best friend Sarah is moving to North Carolina.

In 4 days.

Oh how I will miss her so.

However, I am very happy for the new adventures she is going to embark on.

And hope she finds the happiness she most truly deserves!

We headed back to a favorite bar of all three of us...Mollie Fontaine Lounge.

The hubs and I have been in love with Mollie Fontaine's for a very long time.

Our friends even threw us a wedding shower there!


wonderful wedding shower

Here are a few highlights from our time at Mollie's this weekend:

Tim and Steph..aren't they a gorgeous couple??!

Tim, Steph, and our bff Sarah :)

Hubs...looking pretty darn cute in blue :)

We have so many memories together!

2 of the best friends a girl could ask for. :)

We made it a long evening, seeing as we were sending Sarah off....

We left Mollie's and headed to Sweet Grass Next Door...and then to Alchemy.

Whew!

It was a lot of fun, though :)

And Steph since you stalk my blog (by the way..thanks boo), I know you'll appreciate this:

"Velvet curtain!!!"

Don't ask unless you really want to know. ;)

Here was my outfit for the evening:

Hair clips are sexxxxyyyy...
Please also ignore no sheets on the bed as they were being washed.
Not that you even noticed that to begin with...but now that I've pointed it out...you have noticed. 

Whoops. That was my "getting ready" outfit for the evening...

Let's try again...

Here was my outfit for the evening:

With my best accessory....always :)
Dress: Gap (from 19183237 years ago)
Light pink belt: Target
Heels: INC for Macy's
Earrings and Bracelet: Forever 21


Speaking of accessories and what not....

I am trying a new foundation out (check out the pics from this past weekend)...

Revlon's Photoready Airbrush foundation

Here's a pic of what it looks like...however, this is not a pic of my hand...but of someone else's I swiped off the Internet because I was feeling lazy this evening...(sorry kiddos)

Random person's hand

Okay, here's a few things about this foundation you should know...

#1 It's not oil free. I was in la la land when I bought it and forgot to check this all important fact. I always use oil-free foundation because I hand a tendency to shiny in my t-zones. This foundation definitely gives you a dewy complexion if that's what you are looking for....but I find myself having to reapply powder because of that.

#2 It doesn't take much at all to cover. Probably the amount on that person's hand is too much.

#3 It's very lightweight. So, that's a plus. Especially during the summer!

So, there ya go. I will probably hold onto and use it for a little while just because I spent the money on it.

Another thing I bought and am LOVING is this:


Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, in Honey.

I am loving this stuff! 

It really reminds me of those big crayons we all used in Kindergarten...remember?

I really wanted to try the Clinique Chubby Sticks:


So, when I saw the Revlon versions at Walgreens when I bought my foundation, I thought "Why not?"

It goes on pretty smooth, and is VERY build able.

It also has a slight minty smell/taste.

Go get ya one and try it out!!

Happy makeup hunting friends!

Switching gears...

Say a prayer for my dear friend Mary Elizabeth...she is having her 2nd ACL surgery tomorrow...

photo: amydale photography
Mary Elizabeth and me... dear dear friends since Kindergarten!
Boo!

However, I might enjoy conversations with her on pain meds...those are always fun with friends right?

(But seriously MER...love you and will see you tomorrow.)

To end this ridiculously long post (due to the fact that I am super busy the rest of the week getting ready for beach/wedding madness/work/life...)

I will shamelessly plug the hub's place of employment so you can go and enjoy adult beverages from him...and some pretty amazing food, also:

from The Memphis Flyer

However, the rest of this week, he will be spending help manage. So, he probably won't be behind the bar...unless to jump back and help out. So, go and see him in two weeks....when we're back from the beach.

Much love, ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I've got to go to Mollie Fontaine's, Alchemy and Sweet Grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great weekend!!! Love Mollie's!

    ReplyDelete