Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beach Fun......Oh Yea......And Our Bffs Got Married, Too.....

Hi friends!

So many of you know that the hubs and I had plans to go to Santa Rosa Beach, FL to go see two of our bffs get married back a few weeks ago.

And boy did we have a great time!


Anywho...I must say. I am in love with 30A. 

Yes, I am one of those people.

Instagram photo
;)

But we really had the best time. And are in LOVE with the place we stayed.

So much so, that I want to give you all the link to the condo we stayed at so that you all can take advantage of the amazing prices...and amazing view... and amazing access to the beach that we had:


We stayed at Gulfplace in Santa Rosa, and it was just too darn cute.

Our condo was located on top of all these adorable little shops!


 Also in the middle of the condo was this little cutesy artists' gallery....so fun.

Anywho, to make a long trip a short(ish) recap....

Here are a few highlights from the main reason for this whole adventure....our friends Thomas and Elizabeth's wedding!

So amazingly gorgeous!!!!

Mr. and Mrs.!



Love this sign!

With the most handsome usher ever ;)
Dress: JCrew

Bowling ball groom's cake

beautiful!

So happy :)

Maybe the best picture of me ever. 

What's interesting about this wedding is the fact that as us girls were wrapping up pre-wedding pictures on the beach...the bottomed opened up...and we all got drenched. 

But you know what?

The bride was happy...didn't care...we got them married in a small window between storms...and had the best time ever at the reception!

So. much. fun.

I can't say enough nice things about the wedding coordinators at Weatherall Fine Art Weddings.

They were fantastic. 

I also can't say enough about the Santa Rosa Beach/Grayton Beach/Seaside area. 

We had such a blast every place we went...but here are my top 3 favorite restaurants/bars in the area that we visited:

The food here is amazing. SO good.

This wine bar was so cozy...so pretty inside...and so close (seriously like 10 steps from our condo).

I had such a good Belgium waffle here...and the decor is so awesome. It's sort of like Raiford's Disco...but not.

One place I will NEVER go back to?

Elmo's Grill.

I am sorry. I hate even saying something negative about a place of business. Heck, you might have even been there before and loved it...

However.

I almost physically got sick from the seafood nachos. 

The hubs and I both agreed it was the worst thing we've ever eaten.

Period.

That includes some pretty sketchy gas-station chicken consumed on a trip to Clarksville, TN one time.

But this was just baaaaddd.

But hey...by all means...go to Elmo's. Just don't EVER, under no circumstance...(even if the owner comes out and offers you $100 to eat the nachos)...eat the nachos.

Seriously.

Whew.

Okay, so to end this little post on our excursions from beach time...are a few highlights of our trip:

with my former boss (and awesome friend Jen)...and the groom

rocking our aviators together :)
 Bathing suit: Calvin Klein

Catch on the deep sea fishing trip with the boys :)

Hubs doing what he loves most...searching for shells....

Hubs: "I like this photo because it looks like instant Instagram." :)

Our condo and shops

Bridesmaids at the rehearsal

Rehearsal dinner
Dress: Jones New York
Shoes: INC at Macy's

The bride and me :) So proud to be your matron of honor!

Haha! After the reception...headed to the club across the street...to learn the "Wobble"

Yes. That is me. Attempting to break it down. Scary, I know.

Bride had a quick change, too. And we all danced the night away!


Yep. That's me in a bathing suit. Yep. I posted it.  Do I get a medal?!
Bathing suit: Jantzen

Amazing what you can do with a tripod...and some great sunset lighting...
Dress: Target

My fav.

I love our beach pics...we definitely got lucky with the lighting!

Pretty sure the hubs and I will be in the market for a place (with friends of course!) one day down along the 30A way...(of course, this will be contingent upon us winning the lottery, also)....

What are your favorite places around the 30A way friends?

Much love, ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos! The wedding colors are great, I love the splash of orange in the flowers! Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erica! I, too, loved the bright colors!

      Delete
  2. We LOVE 30A so much! Next time you have to try the ceviche at Shorty's (across from The Red Bar), the Lobster Roll at The Shrimp Shack in Seaside (it seriously costs like $22 but it is a hot dog bun chock full of huge chunks of lobster with drawn butter for dipping), and a grilled cheese from The Melt Down on 30A (food truck in Seaside). For fine dining, Cafe 30A is really good. So glad you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all that sounds yum-o Ellen!! Let's plan a trip all together next time!

      Delete