Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Curling Iron Hatred..........And Attempting To Be Chambray Cool....

Hi friends.

How ya doing?

Happy Tuesday.

I woke up with a wretched sore throat. 

For the sake of honesty, I am just going to throw something out there.

Gentlemen, you might want to skip ahead a few lines....

Ladies, is it just me, or do any of you seem to get sick (whether sinus stuff or cold...) right around that time of the month?

I would say about 1/4 of the time during the year, I get the sniffles or just full blown sick a few days before I start. 

Ugh, why?!

What about y'all?

As I type, I am sipping on a warm cup of coffee...and I've already gargled with salt water this morning...and taken some Claritin...and other sinus medication....

So maybe this will get nipped in the bud.

Anywho.

I hate to admit it...okay, maybe not hate...because honestly...I am a fan of....


The Kardashians.

Yes. I know.

Don't judge.

Other than their obvious beauty, I am most obsessed with jealous of their hair.

I love it. 

Right now I am trying desperately to grow my hair to reach that long length they are famous for....

But, the other night, I happened upon a pinterest hair video showing how to get "their look."

So, I thought, "Why not?...I can do that. Seems easy enough."

Um, yea.

I am completely curling iron stupid. I honestly can't work it. It's as if all hand-eye coordination goes out the window. It's why I choose to go have my hair done if we have to go to a wedding or other special occasions because I just can't do it.

Well, this experience wasn't really any different. What should have taken, maybe 20 minutes, took over an hour. And I got burned. Like 4 times.

Okay, I know that those of you curling iron blessed ladies out there are thinking, "It just takes practice!" 

You are correct. I just hate practicing.

You might also be thinking, "Just use hot rollers!"

Yes, that is a good idea also. However, my hair is so thick I would have to buy 2 sets of those $90 hot rollers just to cover my head. Hey, I'm not complaining about my thick hair...I feel lucky, but dang, I'm not shelling out that kinda moola for some dang hot rollers. 

And now that I've typed all this, this is quickly turning into a ridiculously long post about nothing. 

So, onto pics of my first attempt at doing my hair in a while...




Eh. 

The hubs really liked it. And I liked it...but good grief was it a hot mess process.

Guess I just need more practice. And to wear pot holders....

Next!

Since the beginning of summer, I've been wanting to get on the chambray shirt train.

I saw one at the J.Crew outlet when we were at the beach, but just couldn't justify forking over the $68 for it. 

So, a few weeks ago, I was at Old Navy and found one for over less than half that price.

So, I scooped it up.


Some people might not, but I really like the denim on demin look. 

I think I'm going to get a lot of different looks out of this shirt. I bought mine at the Old Navy at Poplar and Highland...so go and get ya one if you like!

Onto the next...

Have any of you heard about GroopDealz?

It's sort of like Groupon, but with cutesty fun stuff.

I signed up for it, and I gotta say, I would order almost everything on here if I could...definitely some cute gift  ideas...or just gifts for yourself!

I am also toying around with the idea of heading over to The Blowout in Germantown.

Such an awesome idea.

And definitely seems like a fun girls day/afternoon excursion.

Especially for curling iron-styling your hair-stupid girls like me. 

Let me know if you've tried it!

Much love, :)

9 comments:

  1. Cute pics. My husband thinks its so funny that I hot roll my hair every morning and then flat iron it straight.....crazy! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the coordination to do my hair either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!! I love finding other Memphis bloggers.. or I guess you found me.. but I'm definitly looking forward to getting to know you through your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks really good hehehe , I love my curling iron and I tried different styles with it, I use the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Clipless Curling Iron which is pretty good and makes pretty long lasting curls and waves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will look into that for sure!

      Delete
  5. your hair looks amazing! :)

    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete