Thursday, July 26, 2012

Office Transformation.....&......A Couple Of Products I Am Digging....

Hiya friends!

Happy Thursday. 

How are ya?

You're almost to Friday!


So.

Yesterday, the hubs and I tackled a project that we had been putting off for over a year  a while now. 

Organizing and cleaning our home office.

Ugh.

Here's the thing. 

I love organization.

I like to think that with most areas of my life I am super organized.

People tease me all the time about the amount of calendars I own and the color coded system I use to write in them.

Hey, it works for me.

Sidetrack note: I am dying to jump on the Erin Condren train. I need one of these planners asap. Dear Santa and or the graduate school fairy, I am starting my internship in a little over a month. I need this planner in my life. Love, Jennifer.

Okay, sorry for the sidetrack.

Anywho, I thought about taking "before" pics of our office...but I was so embarrassed by it's state that I couldn't.

So, here are the "after" pics. 


I am working on putting away my work stuff on the floor there...whoops.

I can't even begin to tell you the burden that was lifted from the hubs' and my shoulders. 

Next project?

Painting (and putting new knobs on) a hideous green dresser that is currently in our dining room...so that my eyes don't burn every time I look at it....

Annndddd....

Completing our third bedroom...and actually using it as a bedroom. Finally. Not a claustrophobic storage room that the hubs just so happens to get ready in everyday. 

(Poor thing.)

We didn't kill each other yesterday, so I have faith that we can accomplish both of these projects without blood being shed. 

Anywho, besides the Erin Condren planner, I am also digging a few other things....

I am loving the Nice & Easy Root Touch Up system!


I have used it 3 times now...and I am happy with the results so far.

Coloring my whole head a.) was becoming expensive (doing it at the salon)  & b.) was a chore (when I was doing it at home).

I love my hair color, I just don't love my gray hairs. Which are most prominent around my forehead hairline. 

So, I gave this product a whirl and I love it! 

It's so easy to use...and it really takes care of the little gray hairs that I loathe.

Have any of you used it with success (or fail)?

The next product I am digging is the Lancome Genifique Eye Cream:


I ordered a trial size off Ebay a week or so ago...

Okay look....I am only 28...but I am starting to notice lines under my eyes....and crows feet starting to set in.

Yes yes I know.

It's natural...and I like to think that it means that I smile a lot.

;)

Still doesn't change the fact that I want to combat these things as early as possible.

So, after doing some research....I settled on trying the Genifique. 

And I got on Ebay (because I didn't want to pay full price at Macy's) & ordered from a top-rated seller.

While it hasn't completely erased my lines, (I am realistic in my expectations here people) I think the hydration has really helped decrease the look of some of the lines.

Speaking of skin care:

The next product(s) I am currently digging is the Avon Rejuvenate Skin Line.


This product line is targeted for women in their 30s. Okay, yes, I am 28...and I still hold onto that. But, c'mon. I am a hop skip and a jump away from being 30. And I am trying desperately to get a jump on taking care of my skin while I am young.

(I will admit. This summer, I have probably loved the sun a little too much. I am in the process of currently slapping myself on the wrists as we speak.)

So, anywho.

A co-worker of mine passed out Avon books a few weeks ago, and I thought, "Why not?"

I ordered the two week supply of the Anew Rejuvenate line so that I could try it out and not feel bad about spending $ on the full supply....and then hating it.

In reality, this will actually last a person a lot longer than 2 weeks....well, it should. Someone is really glopping it on if it doesn't.

Anywho...

I really like it so far.

I was having this ridiculous breakout spree on my chin right before we left the beach which lasted up until about a week and half ago....

And I credit this line for helping it clear up.

It's not an acne treatment line (they actually have a line for that)...but I really think it helped in the clearing up of the hot mess that was going on around my chin.

And I love that it comes with 2 different moisturizers and eye creams (one for AM and one for PM).

I switch out days using their eye cream and the Genifique.

But the moisturizers are so light...but yet I still feel the hydration.

So, there ya go!

Try them all out for yourselves friends!

Speaking of Avon...

I am toying around the idea of becoming a representative.

Because of my full-time internship this fall (which leads to graduation in December...aghhh!!!)...

I can't work.

Ugh Ugh Ugh.

So, I was thinking that maybe I could do this on the weekend or at night to help out a little with bills and what not.

I love beauty products...and I love seeing people look their best...and trying new products....

So, we'll see.

What do you guys think?

Any of you had experience with this (good or bad)?

Bills and life experiences aside, the hubs and I have set a goal to try to go to Napa in May...

We are considering it his birthday (November), my graduation (December), Christmas (December), my birthday (January), his possible graduation (May), and our anniversary (May) gifts to each other. 

We've found a steal of a place...but plane tickets are expensive people...not to mention you have to take off work...and have spending money. 

So, other than becoming a lady of the night...which obviously wouldn't set well with neither the hubs nor the rest of my family....

I need to find another source of income while I can't work.

And pray that as soon as I graduate, I will land a job. 

What do you think friends? Yea or nea on the Avon representative?

Much love, ;)

P.S.- I don't want to get into things on this post...but I would ask that you continue to keep my family in your prayers. My mom is still recovering from her surgery..and my dad is fighting her insurance company tooth and nail to continue rehab coverage on her. It's ridiculous. Any of you that are friends of mine on facebook know the craziness that has been the past month or so. My heart breaks for both of my parents right now that they even have to deal with this mess. As I spoke with my dad last night, I could sense some defeat in his voice...which made me very sad. But the hubs and I tried our best to assure him that all resources haven't been exhausted yet. And we're going to fight this to the very end! Thanks friends...and prayer warriors. You guys are awesome. God is good. And is in control. I pray for his patience and for his peace to come upon both my parents at this time. 


1 comment:

  1. The room looks great. We need to finish our office!

    ReplyDelete