Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recipes.........A Whole Week's Worth........Or Even A Year!!!

Hiya friends!

Happy Tuesday.

Mine is especially happy.

Because not only are these sweet angels coming to visit us tomorrow:

Our nieces.

But also we are going to a gender reveal party for our friends The Dales tomorrow night!

Yea!!

So....

A while ago, my friend Ellen mentioned to me that she had been cooking a whole lot more at home.

(Isn't that the goal for most of us?)

Anywho, she also mentioned that she had come across an awesome website on Pinterest... 

(what did we do before this website...oh yea...had more time to be productive...haha).

Okay okay. So what makes this website so special?

IT HAS RECIPES FOR WEEKLY MENUS...FOR OVER A YEAR...ANNNDDD...THE GROCERY LISTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE MENUS!

Sold.


From what I can tell, the recipes aren't that bad for you. Especially if you modify things and use items such as fat free sour cream, skim milk, splenda, etc.


Pepper Patch Pasta With Grilled Chicken:


Vietnam Fried Rice:


Golden Enchilada Bake...obviously it was so good I ate it all before I took a pic of it:


Stromboli:



Apple Brownies:


I also made the Mediterranean Chicken...but forgot to take a pic of it.

We chose not to eat the Ham Caribbean because the hubs wasn't sold on that.

Of course, I made some modifications to the recipes...

For example, I used turkey pepperoni in the Stromboli instead of regular...and instead of grilling the chicken when called for, I just cooked it on the stove top.

But I found the recipes to be easy peasy. 

I never thought I'd make homemade fried rice or stromboli...but I did!

And they were all yummy!

However, I will say that if you are a 2 person home like we are...you may want to scale down on the amount of recipes you use for the week or even cut the recipes in half. I think that the author on the website has a family of 4...so it makes sense why the recipes are so large. But, we ate the leftovers and it wasn't a big deal! But, I thought I'd pass along the heads up.

So there ya go!

I definitely plan on using this website as a go to for recipes.

It could have just been the wishful thinking I had, but I really think it saved us money, too...in regards to the fact that we weren't going out (duh!) and that the ingredients weren't expensive. 

Sweet.

Let me know if you have success with any of the recipes friends!

Enjoy!

Much love, ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yummy....Im coming for dinner at your house! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pic of those girls is SO SO SO cute!!

    and that is an awesome website you found! those recipes you tried look amazing!! so does that mean you will be cooking me dinner all week? LoL


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete