Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Few Of My New Favorites....

Happy Saturday friends.

How ya doing?

I hope well.

So, I thought I'd share with you some of my new favorites!

If you are on Pinterest, then I am sure you have seen the pin about the shower cleaner.


I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely HATE cleaning my shower.

Our tub and toilet are very close together, so it's hard to find a good angle to clean the tub without actually getting in there.

And I know...I could do that. But who really wants to do that?

Anywho.

 After seeing this miracle shower cleaner pin, I decided to give it a try.

And let me tell ya...this stuff works.

I barely had to scrub the tub at all!

So, then I saw the pin about cleaning your top loading washing machine. 

Well, heck....since the shower cleaner worked, I thought, "Why not?"

I have to admit, I don't think our washing machine has been cleaned. Ever.

So, yea, I think it was due for a scrub down.


And guess what?

I worked like a charm too!!!

I should have taken before and after pics...sorry about that.

Just take my word for it....this stuff works!

Another product I am in love with is this little gem:



The Remington Pearl Curling Wand.

Remember my struggles with using a curling iron to create waves?

Well, those days are long gone.

This curling wand is so easy to use. 

And as you can see, it comes with a glove that helps protect your hand from being burned.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a potholder or anything...so you still have to be careful.

I was getting so frustrated burning my fingers on the curling iron I have. The glove really  helps.

Anywho, here's a pic from last night before I headed to a gender reveal party (awww...)



Okay, I'll admit. I look at little creepy in this pic. Apparently, I need to work on my "modeling."

But it only took 30 minutes to do my hair...as opposed to the hour long debacle that was me using a regular curling iron.

I am in love! 
(With a curling wand. That is way more creepy than the look I am giving in the pic above...)

Go get ya one!

I got mine at Target for $29.99.

Something else I am loving?

The "ermahgerd" girl.


This was my dramatic interpretation at Windjammer the other night...(yes, Windjammer...it was the end of date night for the hubs and me... & let's just say....whew.)

Ermahgerd... karaoke!

Speaking of dates, the hubs and I went to go see Hope Springs last weekend:


I loved it, & the hubs thought it was "cute."

I found it to showcase very honest performances from not only Meryl Streep & Tommy Lee Jones, but also Steve Carell. I was especially interested in Steve Carell's performance as their therapist, since I am one in training. I thought he gave a very accurate portrayal of how counseling is and should be conducted. 

I'd give it two thumbs up!

Maybe you can drag your significant other to see it...but if they won't go...make it a date night for yourself. 

;)

What are some things you are loving right now friends?

I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!

Much love, ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ok!!!! I finally was able to talk my husband into going to see this. We get to the movies today at 1:00 and the line is wrapped around the building. So we went inside to buy our ticket at the counter and the lobby was full! They messed up with scheduling and only had two employees....my husband stood outside and I stood inside to see who could get a ticket sooner. I waited and waited and since the movie started I left my spot. I went outside to tell me husband we were not waiting and the other men in the line said, " Congratulations!!!" It was funny but not funny that I didnt get to see the movie! I keeping my fingers crossed we can try again tomorrow!!! Erica
    ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! That stinks! I hope you guys get to see it, too. I will say...there were a few squeamish scenes...but definitely integral to the story. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete