Sunday, August 26, 2012

Apologies.......And........A New Semester Begins...

I apologize friends.

I have been a bad blogger.



Life has been a little crazy around here.

My father in law was put in the hospital Thursday evening with diverticulitis. 

Thank goodness he doesn't have to have surgery....they are just treating it with strong antibiotics. He'll been in there for probably the next week, so just keep him and the hubs' family in your thoughts. It's been a rough couple of weeks for everyone after the passing of Brad's grandfather.

I also have been preparing for my final semester as a grad student. 



I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about starting my internship tomorrow.

I've sort of felt like vomiting all day.

At the same time, I'm just glad to be starting. And to get it over with.

However, I'd also be lying if I said all this is sort of bittersweet. 

I am so ready to be done with school; however I am so sad this experience is coming to an end. 

I've loved my time in my program. 

I've met some of the most incredible people who are now dear friends because of this program. 

I've said it before, but I now know why I took such a long road to get to this program after taking 3 years off after undergraduate.....if I had started grad school right after undergraduate...I would have never met these people. I am so grateful to God that he allowed me to learn with and stand beside my cohorts. I have learned so much from all of you!



Nonetheless, it's time to put my big girl panties on (hey, I wear those anyway...haha) and start this internship. 

As if I haven't been a bad blogger already, I am apologizing in advance for the nest few months. I will try very hard to blog at least once a week. But, my internship is full time, which means 40+ hours a week. I also have class one night a week. My amazing job that I've had for the past two years is also coming to an end...which makes me sad. But, I know that it's just a means to an end. That also means that our life is going to have to take a major turn for the...thrifty. The hubs is also taking classes and working....

So yea. Our lives are about to become a little hectic. 

But, it's just life. It's always hectic it seems, huh?

Oh life. 

Speaking of life....our stove went out the other day. 

This makes the second time in a few years with the same problem, so it's looking like we're going to have to get another one.

Plus, we're going to have to remedy that soon as to stick to our thrifty budgeting in regards to meal planning. 

I've been looking around craigslist...but shoot...for some of the prices people are wanting for stoves, I'd rather spend another $150 more and get a new one that we won't have to worry (hopefully!) about quitting on us. 

If you know of any good deals, let me know!

To all my friends and family who've offered kind words of encouragement over the past few days...thank you so much. I have taken it all to heart. 

I will hopefully be able to wave and flash you a smile from the stage at FedEx Forum on December 16, 2012.

Hey, at least they planned graduation before the so-called "doomsday" date.

I be seriously peeved if I had spent the last three years with my stress level elevated, for the most part, at all times for...ya know...nothing. 

Much love, ;)

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blog its adorable!
    We got married 5/21/11 as well
    come check me out
    adventuresofthesouthernwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete