Saturday, September 15, 2012

Back To Business...

Hiya friends.

How ya doing?

Sorry, it's been a minute.

Life has been a little busy.

I have been at my internship for 3 weeks now.

I have really enjoyed my time at my site so far....definitely learning a lot!

However, I am a little bummed.

I am having to move units at my site because..well...I just do what I am told. 

;)

Things that are completely out of my control have transpired, and so I start on a new unit on Monday.

Which is fine, but as I said, I am a little bummed.

I really loved where I was and the people I was working with.

But, as with most things in life, you just have to roll with the flow.

So. That's that.

Other than my internship, running is also keeping me busy busy.

As I mentioned previously, I decided to join a running group to train for the St. Jude half-marathon.

At the last minute, I actually opted to join another training group than the one I had originally planned on joining.

I don't know why I changed my mind...I just did. (Hey, I am a woman. It's what we do.)

Anywho, I decided to join Star Runners.

And, I've got to say, while I said I wasn't sure why I changed my mind at the last minute...I think it might have been some divine intervention.

Okay, that sounds a tad cheese....but hey, I have the right to be cheese if I want to.

Anywho, half-marathon training has begun, and it's been...wellll...challenging.

But, challenging in a good way.

And you know what?

I'm not dead. So, that's a plus.

And everyone in this training group has been nothing but nice.

And we've all been cheering each other on and supporting each other.

I really saw that in action last night when 140 Star Runners ran the Cooper Young 4 Miler!

It was really cool to see how those who finished the race stayed around to cheer loudly and give high fives to those who were about to cross the finish line.

Talk about encouragement!

And Star (our running coach) has been so encouraging and helpful.

Our schedule is as follows: we have 3 training runs per week together with the group...and then a recovery run on the weekend by ourselves. 

So, yea. It's a lot. But it will be worth it to go the 13.1 miles.

Hopefully. ;)

Here's me looking less sweaty before the race as compared to the hot mess that was me after the race:


For whatever reason, I had it in my mind that I finished last year's race with a time of about 45 minutes.

Um, yea. No. The humidity must have gone to my brain.

I didn't finish the 4 Miler last year in 45 minutes. I confused my first 5k time (43:03) with my 4 Miler time which was 52:58.

So, I was all down on myself last night (I know I know...dumb) because I thought I really missed the mark after getting my official time.

Turns out...I actually did better!

Okay, maybe not by much...but it was better!

Official time: 51:20.

I'll take it!

And what's a race run...without some post race hydration:


Fun times!

Speaking of fun times...the hubs and I decided to head to the Cooper Young Festival this afternoon.

It was actually our first time there...I know. Crazy!

You know what else is crazy?

The crowd that was there.

Corner of Cooper & Young.

While I enjoyed visiting the booths...

And running into random folks (shout outs to Mrs. Stephanie....and Bryan <who used to live 2 doors down from me growing up> and his lovely wife Blair)....

It was just too crowded for me. I mean I was actually feeling quite claustrophobic peeps.

I know. How old am I? 85?

Yea. Probably.

Speaking of (yes, I use that phrase a lot. don't judge.) "Mrs. Stephanies"......I spent last Saturday visiting with this Mrs. Stephanie and her beautiful daughter Ansley:





(Steph, you know you are excited that your gorgeous face is on the blog.) ;)

I flipping love those two chickas.

Last Saturday was filled with lots of love, as I also got to spend time with my two amazing nieces for a second:



Nothing better than silly fun time with those girls.

Being an aunt is the bees knees.

I also got to spend some time with some of the sweetest people in the world to celebrate a little one on his way:



Had a great time remembering some very fond high school memories with these ladies. Tracy, you are a gorgeous mommy to be and I am so grateful that you invited me to your beautiful baby shower. It really meant a lot that you thought of me!

Whew!

Did I mention life has been busy?

Much love, :)

P.S. Thanks for hanging in if you've made it to the end. I promise to try to keep the posts shorter. "Try" being the operative word. ;)

P.P.S. I hate to admit it...I jumped on the bandwagon. I freaking love this song. Even if I don't know that the  heck he's saying:



No comments:

Post a Comment