Saturday, November 3, 2012

I Finally Did It....

I hit the wall today friends.

The running wall that is.

And it's funny because you would have thought that would have happened last weekend on our 12.7 mile run. But it didn't. Sure, that wasn't a cake walk, but I made it through. I've honestly been pretty exhausted since that run, but I knew that would happen. 

This week, our running coach decided it was time to start scaling back in order to keep us healthy for race day.

I'm not sure what it was about today, but it was terrible.

About mile 7.5, my quads and calves felt like they were nothing but concrete. I felt like I was going to throw up gummy bears (my fuel for today) everywhere, and my head started pounding. And with half a mile left, it took everything I had not to start bawling.

Ugh.

I tried using my power word ("NIECES") to help me through, and I really think that helped. And I thought about my poor momma with her inability to do a whole lot of anything right now....and I remembered seeing this earlier in the week:


And it helped.

But honestly, I just wanted to give up.

Ugh.

When I got back, my running coach's husband asked me "How'd it go?"

My response: "craptaculor."

And my running coach and he said it was pretty much the overall opinion of the day. Our route was hilly, it was humid and a lot warmer than it has been in a while, and we were running towards the sun the whole way back.

(I can most definitely feel the sun I got today. Sunscreen will be applied next week for sure!) 

And for the sake of being honest, I'm tired. I'm physically tired. I'm mentally tired. And I'm tired of making this time commitment every week.

I know in the end it will all be worth it. And I will be proud of my accomplishment. But right now, I'm just plain tired. 

There are dished piled up in my sink, and a ridiculously large pile of dirty clothes to be washed that I couldn't get to because...well...I'm tired

I know I know. Dirty dishes and clothes are normal. 

And really, all of this is nothing put a huge pity party I'm having for one.

Especially when I think about those who have lost so much this week due to Sandy...or those who can't even  run because of one reason or another.

So. I'm officially ending the pity party now. 

No pain, no gain...right?

Right.

Well, it's officially November!



I can't believe how fast time has passed this year.

November brings things I love: Thanksgiving....fall temperatures....and...

The hubs birthday!

I'm actually kind of in a pickle.

I've asked the hubs what he wants for his birthday, and his reply was "some more cologne."

Woo! Exciting.

I'm trying to rack my brain as to something else to get him along with his cologne, but I'm drawing a blank!

I'm trying to stay practical because of Christmas coming up...while also being thoughtful.

Any ideas friends?

Speaking of Christmas, the hubs asked me what I wanted this year.

My response?

"A job."

For reals.

But Ms. Delta Daises had this post regarding the "Cafe Latte, from Mr. Coffee" and it kind of got me jonesing for one.



So, when I mentioned to the hubs that I had an idea for a gift for me for Christmas he said, "Well what is it?"

Me: "A coffee machine."

Him: "We're old."

Hahaha.

Yes we are.

On my dream wish list would be a new pair of these:

Tory Burch Reva flats.

But, right now...this gal needs a job.

And that is the Christmas wish for all in our little home.

I'm not sure if I mentioned how the job interview went that I mentioned a few posts ago, but it went just fine. The position I really wanted doesn't appear to be available right now for me, but there was another position available. But, I am keeping my options open at this point in time. 

For right now, I'm just praying I make it through the next month at my internship site. And that's proving to be a challenge right now. This experience has been such a learning one...but it's also probably been the most mentally and emotionally challenging thing I've ever done. As I've mentioned, a lot of  it involves things out of my control...which I am trying to accept. But, it's just been hard.

And that probably has been something else that aided in my hitting of the wall this week.

But, I know God's in control and is taking care of me. And I just have to remember on the days when I just want to walk out the door, that life is just one big learning experience.



Hooray learning experiences!

My Master's program got our t-shirts in for this year and I'm in love:


Hilarious...and true.

Well, this past week was Halloween.

And honestly, Halloween isn't my thing.

I know it's a lot of people's...thing.

Just not mine.

I didn't even dress up this past weekend when I attended two different parties. 

Me = party pooper.

I just was too tired from our run, and I didn't want to spend money that we really don't have right now on a costume.

But, Halloween night, I decided to go see the hubs at work. And I brought out my beloved floppy hat that I only wore once last year because...well...I just felt like I couldn't style it properly.

So with a little Lauren Conrad makeup inspiration:

Isn't she just gorgeous?!

I threw on my hat...with a leopard print tunic....and voila:



What AM I looking at in this pic?


I headed out the door and snapped a pic in my favorite coat because I dreamed that thought I captured a little bit of Blair Waldorf's spirit:

Leighton Meester as "Blair Waldorf"



I can only aspire to be half as stylish as Ms. Waldorf.

;)

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!

What's left of mine will be spend attending two baby showers!

Aw...it sure is raining diapers around these parts. 

Much love, ;)

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! Thanks for the sweet shout out!! You will love it!!! I love mine so much already. You can do it!! The running is a hard thing, but I know you can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaah yaah for surpassing that wall! Love the run quote...awesome!

    ReplyDelete