Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Hangovers...

Hi friends.

How ya doing this Black Friday?

Still recovering from yesterday's shenanigans?

I hope you each had a blessed Thanksgiving.

I know I did.

Some of you know, but my mom is recovering from emergency knee surgery she had to have on the knee she just had replaced a few weeks ago. There was a mishap, and they had to go back in. So, she's going to spend the next 3-4 weeks in the hospital. She is tired...dad is tired...but they are two of the strongest people I know. And I know, just as they have this whole year, they will continue to power through. But some days are harder than others. 

And I missed them very much yesterday. 

But I spent the day with the in-laws and we had a very nice day.

Did you venture out this morning?

Me neither.

I never have.

Black Friday was never a thing around our house.

Plus the purse strings around our house right now are pulled tight.

Not having a job this semester has made things interesting this holiday season.

But we are going to make it work...

 I am hoping that Santa hears my Christmas wish of a j-o-b.

I am in the process of looking for and applying for jobs.

So we'll see.

God has always taken care of me, and I have no doubt he'll lead me in the right direction.

Switching gears...

I decided to join the Twitter world. 

I am still trying to figure out the odds and ends of Twitter, but feel free to follow me: 

@MrsinMemphis

Switching gears again...

I can't believe in 8 days I'll be running my first half marathon!!!

I am pretty excited.

We ran the race course (well, almost...we couldn't run through the St. Jude part) last Saturday, and it went really well. I didn't feel horrible afterwards, and I didn't die. Score! 

Don't get me wrong, I was tired. But I wasn't super sore like I imagined I would be. 

So, I am feeling pretty stoked for race day.

We were all supposed to run pretty slow last Saturday because our coach told us we wouldn't be 100% on race day if we went out there and killed it. 

So, I ran slow. Up until I saw the lights of the baseball stadium. I couldn't help it. I just wanted the run to be over. So, I just turned it up, and somehow mustered the strength to just push it.



Anywho, I finished. And it took a while.


And yes, my mom was with me the whole time.

But, I think I'm definitely feeling better about meeting my race goal of 3 hours.

And yes, that's a long time...as in, not fast.

I'm never going to be the fastest runner in the bunch. 

But, I do hope to finish each race...stronger than the one before!

Tomorrow we run 8 miles. And then next Saturday...race day!

It's going to be a busy week in regards to race preparation.

We've got a meeting with our coach on Tuesday night and then picking up race packets at the Cook Convention Center on Thursday.

Whew!

It's also my last full week at my internship.

Wowza.

How the time has flown.

Annndd....

It's also the hub's birthday week!

HOOOOTIE WHOOOOOO!

It's the big 2-9 for him.

He'll probably have to work on his actually birthday (this coming Friday 11/29), but he took off next Saturday for the race and so that we can all go and celebrate his birthday.

Buuttt...he won't tell me what he wants to do or where he wants to go.

Ugh.

I am hoping that in the next few days he'll clue me into what he wants to do. 

I feel bad because my brain has been on overload these past few weeks, and his birthday plans have sort of fallen by the wayside. 

I've gotten his gifts taken care of, but just not the plans.

I am thinking we may just hit up the Fox and Hound for some pool and fun times. 

Do you all know if you can reserve space there?

Let me know!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I truly could not be more blessed. 

I am so grateful for all the things I've been given...and I pray for forgiveness every day for the things that I take for granted. 

Stay safe and warm friends!

Much love, ;)

P.S. I am in the process of adding my Tigers to my prayer list. Yikes. These past two games were ugly. And even wearing my magic Tiger shoes didn't help...

C'mon guys! I know y'all are a better team than that. Go Tigers Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment