Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Recap...

Hiya friends!

I hope life is treating you kindly.

I thought I'd share a few highlights from this Christmas season.

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone!

Our Christmas card this year.

Holiday decor:

I love assembling my tree topper every year. :)


Some fav shots from our big tree:




My favorite book as a child. :)

Our Memphis tree:)
Go Tigers Go!

My Pinterest Christmas card creation.

Our humble little tabletop.

Bar setting. :)


 We had a fun time at a holiday pj party, too:

Under the mistletoe. Aw. 

Fun with friends. Keeping it cozy!

An amazing hostess!

The boys. Being boys.
We also squeezed time in for the Memphis vs. Louisville game. We waited almost 3 hours in line to get good seats...and boy did we get them!

Wearing my Tiger tights for good luck. Alas, they did not work. 

Excited.

Tiger nation. Go Tigers Go!


A few days later we packed up the car to go spend time with my brother, sister in law, and 2 nieces!

Who could resist that face??

Checking out the goods.

She was pretty excited about her cheerleader uniform.

I think the sis in law and my brother liked their painting!

Haha. This was my genuine expression upon seeing our gift. That sweatshirt is my mom's from the 80s. Classic tacky sweatshirt.

Excited for our Keurig!

Hubs with the red head. :)

Snuggle time.

Snuggle quickly turned into silly.

Brad with one of two of his fav girls. :)

Number 2. :)



And just like that, it was time to pack up and head back to Memphis!

Last year was the first Christmas as a married couple for the hubs and me. So, we started a tradition. Christmas Eve we go to Christmas Eve communion and then we make lasagna for dinner....and then on Christmas morning, I make breakfast for us. :)

Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning with crockpot breakfast casserole. HERE is the recipe.

Christmas morning, we let Baxter dig into his stocking first:


About to destroy the poor giraffe. 
 And then it was time for us to open our gifts. :)


Christmas Day was spend with the hubs family and our friends Josh and Robyn!

Love these guys.

I wore my tacky Christmas sweater sweatshirt. I think it will now become a tradition., too. :)

Haha. Okay. I was showcasing the jingle bell ring my mom sent home with me because it got on my dad's nerves so much. Within an hour of wearing it, I am pretty sure the hubs wanted to throw it away, also. I used it as percussion ALL day. 

Annnnd thennnnnn.....

The next day, I got the best Christmas present of all!

My best friend Sarah and me.
My best friend Sarah, who now lives in North Carolina, was in town visiting family for Christmas. So we designated Wednesday as our night to catch up! It was the best Christmas present I got this year! :)

Whew!

And that's that.

I sometimes think you need a short vacation to recover from the whirlwind of the holidays.

Because if you don't, then you might fall down the back porch stairs and do this:

OW.
Yes, that is the hubs. Don't worry, he'll be fine. Just banged up...and probably suffering from a broken nose. But, it actually looks a lot better today. (Happened yesterday). I am playing nurse and cleaning and dressing his wounds. I just know he's hurting.

Don't say I didn't give you a PSA about rest friends.

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of 2012.

What a whirlwind year it's been.

I am ready for 2013 and what it might bring.

What about you friends?

I hope you all had a blessed holiday!

Mine was blessed beyond measure.

Much love, :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas card and the tiger leggings!!! : )
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the Memphis tiger tree, love the tiger tights. LOVE finding fellow Memphis bloggers! :)

    www.RaisingSteppeSisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete