Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012....

Hiya friends.

Happy New Year's Eve!

I wish I had a button to slow time down.

It seems like every year that goes by, time just keeps speeding up.

My dad always warned me against this phenomenon, but I'm just now starting to realize how true his warning was.

2012 has been a year filled with many adventures:


Spring Break in Chicago.

Hardy, AR for our first anniversary!

Santa Rosa Beach, FL for our best friends' wedding!

Many trips to and fro' watching our nieces grow!

Training for and running my first half-marathon!

Celebrating the hubs last birthday...of his 20s. :)

Graduating with my Master's!

Celebrating the holidays with family and friends!

Whew.

What a whirlwind year.

It's been filled with many many highs.

There were a few lows, too.

But, I know that the big guy upstairs in in control of those situations.

As he is in all.

I'm anxious to see what 2013 will bring.

The hubs is set to graduate.

I'm starting a new job.

Annnddd....I have another little goal in mind.

(And it's not a baby goal, either.)

But I'll let y'all know when that goal comes to fruition.

;)

I like setting goals as opposed to resolutions. 

To me, "goals" just has more of a positive connotation to it than "resolutions" does. 

Anywho.

The one main goal I have for this year is to keep running.

Maybe I'll run the Germantown half-marathon or maybe it'll be another one.

But the goal is to run another half in 2013. And if I'm feeling frisky....2 half-marathons.

I've debated whether or not to set a goal of running the full St. Jude Marathon in December 2013.

But the thought of having to get up at 5:00 am every Saturday morning from July through December kinda makes me want to vomit at this point.

So, we'll see.

I'm just going to say that the main goal is to keep running.

And I'd like to get healthier.

Of course I could say, "I'm going to reach my goal weight this year."

But what does that even mean anymore?

It's just a number on a scale.

What I really think I need to have is a healthier attitude towards myself.

Stop beating up on myself because, well, I'm not a size "such and such." 

And learn to love myself more...flaws and all.

And, at the same time, not throwing in the towel because I set too lofty of a goal and then get frustrated when I don't reach said goal.

So, let's recap:

Goals for 2013:

1. Keep running.

2. Run another half-marathon.

3. Love myself more.

And oh yea....

4. Keep God first.

(Pretty sure I need to make #4, #1.)

Okay, so let's recap againnnnn:

1. Keep God first in ALL things.

2. Keep running.

3. Run another half-marathon.

4. Love myself more.

I thank you all for stopping by my humble little blog, and I hope that each of you is filled with more blessings than you know what to do with in this new year.

Hebrews 12:1 "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."


Whatever your race goal may be this year, I hope that you run towards it with all that you have!

Much love, ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, I'm in grad school at Memphis. Can't wait to get that diploma! Happy New Year!
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete