Well, I am quite humbled today.
Well, I was so graciously nominated for a Liebster Award by Laura at Walking in Memphis in High Heels annnnddd by Rachel at Front Row Seat!
The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's to show new bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to "dearest" (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
First, of all, thank you both Laura and Rachel!
I encourage all of y'all to check out their blogs as well!! They are the bomb.com.
Anywho, here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
Soooo...here we go!
11 Random things about myself:
1. If I could have a dream job, I really think it'd be as a cast regular on Saturday Night Live.
2. I can pretty much quote every line from both "My Best Friend's Wedding" and "Steel Magnolias."
3. I'm obsessed with the idea of living in a house one day with a big front porch and a porch swing.
4. I love to go estate sale shopping.
5. Tulips are my favorite flower.
6. I can fit my whole fist into my mouth.
7. If it's monogrammed, I love it.
8. I speak melodically many times throughout my day.
9. Both of my middle fingers are crooked.
10. My dream home is the one lived in by Diane Keaton in "Something's Gotta Give." Perfection.
11. My go to karaoke song is Nora Jones', "Don't Know Why."
Here are the questions given to me by Laura:
1. What is your favorite color?
I would say black. I know...weird. But I think black is classy and timeless!
2. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been doing it?
Well, I started blogging back in 2007. I had a blog called “Ruthie’s Revelations.” Ruth is my middle name and I have several friends that call me that every now and then. When I got engaged, I decided to quit blogging under that blog name, and to blog solely about my wedding planning process. So, then I created a blog, “Always A Bridesmaid…Now A Bride” to document my wedding planning. Alas, I did not keep it up. A few months after I got married, my friend Ellen started a blog…and it got me thinking, “Hey, you could get back to blogging, too!” So I did. And that’s when “Mrs. in Memphis” was created!
3. What do you do for a living?
I am an outpatient therapist working with individuals who are dealing with drug, alcohol, and/or mental health issues.
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Chicago. Hands down my favorite city.
5. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I believe cats are plotting to kill you at all times.
6. What are your favorite hobbies?
Honestly, I am working on hobbies. I guess running? I know this is cheese fest, but spending time with my husband could be a hobby. Or maybe being a “foodie?” Does that count? Sure it does….haha.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child?
A meteorologist. I swear, I would sit and watch The Weather Channel for hours! I was this close to heading out to tour the University of Oklahoma my senior year of high school. But then I realized how good at math you have to be to do that work. And lemme just say, I am in no way good at math.
8. What is your favorite food?
Pete & Sam’s lasagna. It will change your life.
9. What is your go-to outfit that you end up wearing most?
Black blazer, white or black t-shirt underneath, skinny blue jeans, Tory Burch Reva flats.
10. Flats or heels?
I actually love heels. But not to wear all day.
11. What's your favorite indulgence (whether it be soap operas, desserts or pedicures)?
Probably a pedicure and shellac mani done by the amazing people at Splendid Nails at Mendenhall and Park (right next to the Sports Pub). They are the best!
And here are the questions given to me by Rachel:
1. What's the #1 played song on your iPod?
1. Hmmm….I am not sure since I haven’t played my iPod in a while. I will say that while I was half-marathon training, I got addicted to the 90’s station on Slacker radio on my phone. Amazing-ness!
2. If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do?
Pay off my student loans. Boring, I know.
3. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Speak Spanish fluently.
4. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
Well, since it didn’t…haha I suppose the possibility always exists for it to end at any given moment….so I guess what I would do differently would be...slower to speak and quick to listen.
5. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I catch up on my Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook feeds. Ridiculous, I know.
6. What was the last movie, TV show, or book that made you cry or tear up?
Silver Linings Playbook
7. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
Oh wow. I am pretty sure it was clothing related…I’ve been working since I was 15 years old. It’s hard to delve that far back!
8. What's the best/worst gift you've ever given/received?
I would say the 5th anniversary trip to Chicago given to me by the hubs. Little did I know that would be our engagement trip!
9. When was the last time you were nervous?
Um, yesterday. I conducted my first group session on my own at my new place of employment. Barf-a-roni!
10. What's the hardest thing you've ever done?
Wow. This is a toughie. Perhaps only my grad school co-horts will understand, but taking Dr. Priest and Dr. James in the same semester…the semester before I got married…was pretty ridiculous.
11. What is something that you've learned within the past week?
How awesome my new co-workers are! They have been so supportive, and I appreciate everything they've done for me!
So now that you know a little about me, I'm gonna pass the baton over to these 11 bloggers:
(If you've already been nominated, then please don't feel obligated to do it again...I'm just showing you some love!)
1. Laura at Walking in Memphis in High Heels
2. Rachel at Front Row Seat
3. Taylor at sweet southern nothings
4. Becca at Life as a Fitzgerald
5. Rebekah at From the Mixed-Up Files
6. Courtney at exodus31three
7. Jessica at Bowie to Baltimore
8. Sarah at Both Sides Now
9. Lea at Adventures with the Allens
10. Lindsey at A Plane Doctor, His Nurse, and 3 Little Passengers
11. Leigh Ann at There's No Place Like Memphis Mama
And here are your 11 questions:
1. If you could relive one day over, what day would that be?
2. Formal wear or blue jeans?
3. What's your favorite beauty product?
4. What's one super power you wish you had?
5. What's your favorite vacation spot?
6. What's your favorite scent?
7. Traditional or modern?
8. If you had to be trapped in an elevator with anyone, who would it be?
9. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
10. When was the first time you thought, "Now THIS is love!"
11. What's is your favorite outfit that you've ever worn?
Thanks for sticking with me this long friends....and for showing me some love.
Love y'all right back.
Much love, ;)